In this article you will learn more about the licensing of CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365.
- Trial version
- How is the software licensed and how are the licenses counted?
- How can I get a license?
- How can I check the number of available licenses and which accounts are using them?
- How to reset licenses?
- How can I change the number of licenses?
- How can I change my subscription plan?
- How can I add a credit card?
- What to do if my credit card expires or stops working otherwise?
- How can I remove my credit card?
- How can I cancel my subscription?
- What happens with my data and settings after I cancel a subscription?
- How can I resume my subscription?
- How can I stop using CodeTwo services completely?
- What will happen to my subscription if I change my domain in Office 365?
The trial version of CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 can be used for free for 14 days, for up to 1000 mailboxes. During this period, the program works exactly the same as the full, licensed version. Once the 14-day trial period is over, the program stops adding signatures and you will receive multiple notifications via email about that. When you purchase a subscription, there is no need to reinstall the software - all the previous settings will be kept and ready for use.
If you do not wish to continue using the software after the trial version has expired, remember to uninstall the program and deregister your tenant, or those emails that would otherwise pass through the CodeTwo Email Azure Service will be blocked.
If your company needs additional time to test CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 after the trial version expires, contact us.
Licensing of CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 is based on a monthly or yearly subscription model.
If you want to purchase a different subscription period, please contact CodeTwo Support.
Every user whose emails are routed through the CodeTwo Email Azure Service consumes one license. This applies to shared mailboxes as well, because Office 365 treats shared mailboxes as users. It does not matter if an email is actually stamped with a signature (this depends on your signature rule conditions defined on the Senders tab), what matters is the fact that an email passes through the CodeTwo Email Azure Service (there are 3 exceptions: emails sent from aliases, from mail-enabled public folders, and emails sent as groups and distribution lists do not consume licenses because they are not supported by the signature-adding mechanism).
To learn how to manage the scope of these users, see this Frequently Asked Question.
The product license is sold as a subscription which can be purchased in CodeTwo Admin Panel. In order to pay for the subscription, you need to add a payment method on the Payment methods tab. After that, access the Manage tenant page - you can do it from the Dashboard or the Tenants tab by clicking the Manage tenant () button next to the name of your tenant. Enter the Subscription page (Fig. 1.) and click Buy subscription. A wizard will guide you through the process of ordering a subscription.
To check the number of available licenses, open the Admin Panel's Dashboard or Tenants tab and click the Manage tenant () button next to the name of your tenant and select Subscription from the left menu. You can also access this page from the Manage Signatures App via the Settings () button in the upper right corner. To check which account is using each license, click Show used licenses (Fig. 1.). This will list all the email addresses to which a license has been assigned.
If you want to change the number of licenses, see this section.
The program assigns licenses to every user whose emails travel through the CodeTwo Email Azure Service, as described earlier in this article. The scope of users is defined during the configuration of Exchange Online connectors (for more information, click here). There might be situations when you want to reset your license count. The most common cases are:
- if you want to reassign a license to another user,
- when you configured the connectors for more users than the number of your licenses and, as a result, all your licenses have been consumed. In such a case, you need to start with limiting the scope of senders in the connectors configuration wizard before you reset the licenses.
To restart the assignment of licenses, open CodeTwo Admin Panel. On the Dashboard or Tenants tab, click the Manage tenant () button next to the name of your tenant and select Subscription from the left menu. Click Reset license count (Fig. 1.) in the Licensing section, and the program will begin to count licenses from zero.
- You cannot reset the license count more often than every 72 hours.
- Resetting the license count does not interrupt your mail flow.
If you want to change the number of licenses (for example, buy licenses for more users), you can do it from the Admin Panel. On the Dashboard or Tenants tab, click the Manage tenant () button next to the name of your Office 365 tenant. You will land on the Manage tenant page. Select Subscription from the menu on the left to access the subscription settings (Fig. 2.).
|Fig. 2. The subscription management options - paid subscription.|
To change the number of licenses, click Edit subscription. Modify the number of licenses, and the program will show an updated total price for your subscription period. Click Next to review the modified subscription order. You can check how many licenses will be added/removed and how your credit card will be charged (Fig. 3.). To finish, click Change subscription.
- If you increased the number of licenses (Fig. 3.), then at this point you will be charged only for the additional licenses that will be used in the current billing cycle. In the next billing cycle, your credit card will be charged for the total number of licenses.
- If you decreased the number of licenses, then the subscription price and the number of available licenses will be decreased starting from the next payment renewal date (next billing cycle).
If you want to change your subscription plan, you need to cancel your current subscription and buy a new one. See this Knowledge Base article for step-by-step guidelines.
- If you don't have any payment methods defined yet, you can add a new credit card on the Payment methods page in CodeTwo Admin Panel (Fig. 4.).
- If your credit card expired and you need to add a new card to pay for your subscription, do not remove the old card from the Payment methods page to add a new card. Instead, use the Edit button (see Fig. 4.) to replace the old card data with the details of your new card. In this way you maintain the continuity of your subscription.
If you clicked the Add new button instead, the new card would not be attached to the subscription and it would not be automatically charged. Use the Add new button when you need to pay for a new subscription and you need another card for the payment.
When your payment fails, your subscription temporarily expires. Do not worry about your signatures - we will continue adding them for some time and you will receive multiple email notifications from us regarding the payment problems.
- If your card stops working, our payment processor will try to charge it several times within the next 72 hours. When you fix your card problems after that period, you will have to reactivate your subscription in CodeTwo Admin Panel (Fig. 5.).
- If your credit card expires, your subscription will resume the moment you fill in the details of your new card. Do not remove the current card and add a new one - since your subscription is attached to the current card, it is better to edit it and replace it with the new card details, as explained here.
To remove a credit card, click Remove (see Fig. 4.). If there are any active subscriptions that use this card, you will not be able to remove the card until you cancel these subscriptions. Note that if your card expired and you want to add a new card, you do not need to remove the old one but you can update your card by editing it so that your subscription is not interrupted. Learn more
To cancel a subscription for a tenant, open the Admin Panel's Dashboard or Tenants tab, click the Manage tenant () button next to the name of your tenant and select Subscription from the left menu. This will open the subscription management page (see Fig. 2.). You can also access this page from the Manage Signatures App, via the Settings () button in the upper-right corner (you might need to log in with your CodeTwo Admin Panel account to proceed with the cancelation). Click Cancel subscription to terminate your subscription plan.
Cancelation will be effective at the end of your current subscription period (billing cycle) - until then, your signatures will be added as usual. We will send you email reminders before and after your subscription (billing cycle) expires. See this section to learn how to resume your subscription.
To prevent potential blocking of your mail flow, remember to deregister your tenant after your subscription expires - this will remove the CodeTwo Exchange Online connectors that route email through the CodeTwo Email Azure Service. These connectors are not removed automatically when you cancel your subscription.
After you cancel a subscription and it expires (your billing cycle ends), or after your trial period expires, we keep your tenant-related data and program settings (such as signature rules) on Microsoft Azure servers for 180 days (unless the law requires us to keep customer data longer) before they are permanently removed. Within this 6-month period, you can conveniently return to our services and all of your settings are available immediately.
If you want us to delete your data right after you cancel your subscription, contact us.
- If you recently canceled a subscription, your signatures are still added until this subscription expires (which is at the end of your current billing cycle). To avoid double payment, it's best to resume the subscription right before the current one expires.
- If you resume using the program within 6 months after your subscription expired, all the settings associated with your tenant (including email signature rules) will be restored. Learn more about our data retention policy
To resume a subscription, go to the Dashboard or Tenants tab in CodeTwo Admin Panel. Click the Manage tenant () button next to the name of your tenant to open the Subscription management page. Click Buy subscription (see Fig. 1.) to resume the subscription.
If you want to stop using our services, all you need to do is deregister your tenant (as described in this article) and the software will immediately stop adding signatures. Deregistering a tenant automatically cancels this tenant's subscription.
Nothing, because subscriptions are associated with tenants, not with domains. If you change a domain (i.e. add a new domain and remove the old one in Office 365), the signatures will be added as previously.
After you change a domain, the email addresses of your users will change. That is why we recommend that you restart the assignment of licenses. To do that, open CodeTwo Admin Panel. On the Dashboard or Tenants tab, click the Manage tenant () button next to the name of your tenant and select Subscription from the left menu. Click Reset license count (Fig. 1.) in the Licensing section and the program will begin to count licenses from zero.
License Agreement - this article contains the terms and conditions of using CodeTwo software.