Supported platforms and requirements
CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 consists of several components that are responsible for handling server-side and/or client-side signatures:
- The administrator of a Microsoft 365 (Office 365) tenant configures the software via the CodeTwo Admin Panel, a web-based interface for registering new tenants to the service, accessing signature management as well as managing payments and other tenant-related options.
- Email signatures are managed using a web app, accessed from the CodeTwo Admin Panel or directly at app.codetwo.com. Only the tenant's global admins and users delegated by the admin can use this app.
- There are two add-ins that allow users to add signatures to emails directly in Outlook as they type a new message. You need to deploy either of them:
- (recommended) the modern CodeTwo Signatures Web Add-in for Outlook that works with Outlook for Windows, new Outlook for Mac (early access) and Outlook on the web (OWA),
- the classic CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook (COM Add-in) that works with Outlook for Windows only.
- The core portions of the software that seamlessly process emails and apply signature rules, e.g. the CodeTwo Email Azure Service, run on Microsoft Azure servers and are operated by CodeTwo, so they are not listed in the detailed requirements below.
|CodeTwo Admin Panel|
|Required permissions:||Microsoft 365 global admin rights (required for specific actions only).|
The above Microsoft 365 plans store data in the Azure AD cloud, and access to Azure AD is required by the CodeTwo software. A separate Microsoft Azure subscription is not required for any of these plans.
Trial Microsoft 365 subscriptions are supported as well.
|Signature management app|
|Required permissions:||Only authorized users can access and manage email signature rules. Learn more|
|Requirements:||A modern, up-to-date web browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, etc.
The desktop app will soon be deprecated. Use the new web interface instead – all your rules & settings are available in the new UI.
|CodeTwo Signatures Web Add-in for Outlook (Outlook for Windows, Outlook for Mac and Outlook on the web / OWA)|
|Required permissions:||Microsoft 365 Exchange admin or global admin rights (required for deployment only).|
|Outlook for Windows:
Internet Explorer 11 is required to run the Web Add-in.* Partial support means that you can use the Web Add-in with the listed versions of Windows and Outlook for Windows to:
|CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook (Outlook for Windows)|
|Required permissions:||To install the add-in, no administrative credentials are required. However, if the required version of .NET Framework is missing, a user must have administrator privileges to install it.|
The software supports multi-factor authentication.
|Signatures cannot be added to native out of office messages (automatic replies). Instead, you can create your own auto replies and add signatures to them by using the Autoresponder feature. Learn more|
|The software is compatible with both Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) and Terminal Server (RDS) environments, regardless of the mode used. To allow users working on a client machine to add client-side signatures in Outlook or OWA, you need to deploy the modern CodeTwo Signatures Web Add-in for Outlook for these users via the Microsoft 365 admin center. Learn more|
|In hybrid environments, our software can process only emails going through Microsoft 365 (EOP) servers. See this article to learn how to use CodeTwo software in different hybrid deployments.|
|Shared mailboxes are fully supported in server-side mode. In client-side mode, the CodeTwo Signatures Web Add-in for Outlook works with shared mailboxes but may not provide full support. This is because shared mailboxes are not yet officially supported on the Microsoft's Office Add-in platform.|
|Microsoft 365 DKIM-signed emails are supported.|
|Microsoft Planner notifications are supported. Learn more|
|Emails sent from aliases (using an alias as the email sender) are supported. Learn more|
|The following message types are only supported in client-side mode (and in combo mode for client-side signature rules):
Messages digitally signed and encrypted via Office 365 encryption / Azure Information Protection (Azure RMS and related features: Encrypt-Only, Do Not Forward, sensitivity labels) or by other encryption technologies (e.g. S/MIME, PGP or OpenPGP such as GPG) are supported in client-side mode and in combo mode for client-side signature rules.
Due to Outlook add-ins' limitations imposed by Microsoft, client-side signatures are not added when replying to / forwarding encrypted or IRM-protected messages in Outlook on the web (OWA). Learn more on Microsoft's site
In server-side mode, encrypted/digitally signed messages will be stamped with signatures only if encryption takes place after these messages pass through the CodeTwo services. The same applies when using server-side signatures in combo mode.
|Impact of the software on your IT infrastructure||Changes to operating system:
|Changes to Microsoft 365 (Exchange Online):
Deployment steps and software configuration - a list of useful links that will help you deploy the program and use it with your Microsoft 365 (Office 365) tenant