Supported platforms and requirements
CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 consists of several components that are responsible for handling server-side and/or client-side signatures:
- The administrator of a Microsoft 365 (Office 365) tenant configures the software via the CodeTwo Admin Panel, a web-based interface for registering new tenants to the service, accessing signature management as well as managing payments and other tenant-related options.
- Email signatures are managed using a web app, accessed from the CodeTwo Admin Panel or directly at app.codetwo.com. Only the tenant's global admins and users delegated by the admin can use this app. Optionally, the app can also be installed locally (as a ClickOnce application) and launched via the Start menu in Windows.
- There are two add-ins that allow users to add signatures to emails directly in Outlook as they type a new message. You need to deploy either of them:
- (recommended) the new CodeTwo Signatures Web Add-in for Outlook that works with Outlook for Windows and OWA (and soon with Outlook for Mac),
- the classic CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook (COM Add-in) that works with Outlook for Windows only.
- An optional component, the CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 Add-in, allows end users to preview server-side signatures while composing emails in Outlook & OWA.
- The core portions of the software that seamlessly process emails and apply signature rules, e.g. the CodeTwo Email Azure Service, run on Microsoft Azure servers and are operated by CodeTwo, so they are not listed in the detailed requirements below.
|CodeTwo Admin Panel|
|Required permissions:||Microsoft 365 global admin rights (required for specific actions only).|
The above Microsoft 365 plans store data in the Azure AD cloud, and access to Azure AD is required by the CodeTwo software. A separate Microsoft Azure subscription is not required for any of these plans.
Trial Microsoft 365 subscriptions are supported as well.
|Signature management app|
|Required permissions:||Only authorized users can access and manage email signature rules. Learn more|
|Requirements:||A modern web browser:
Requirements for the optional desktop version of the app (Manage Signatures App):
|CodeTwo Signatures Web Add-in for Outlook (Outlook for Windows and Outlook on the web / OWA)|
|Required permissions:||Microsoft 365 global admin rights (required for deployment only).|
(*) The Web Add-in will be available in Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel shortly.Outlook on the web (OWA):
|CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook (Outlook for Windows)|
|Required permissions:||To install the add-in, no administrative credentials are required. However, if the required version of .NET Framework is missing, a user must have administrator privileges to install it.|
|CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 Add-in (server-side signature preview)|
|Required permissions:||Exchange administrator rights (required for central deployment only).|
(*) To use this add-in in Outlook 2013 and 2016, you need to update your Office to the latest version. Learn how to install Office updatesOutlook for Mac:
The software supports multi-factor authentication.
|The software is compatible with both Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) and Terminal Server (RDS) environments, regardless of the mode used. To allow users working on a client machine to add client-side signatures in Outlook or OWA, you need to deploy the modern CodeTwo Signatures Web Add-in for Outlook for these users via the Microsoft 365 admin center. Learn more|
|In hybrid environments, our software can process only emails going through Microsoft 365 (EOP) servers. See this article to learn how to use CodeTwo software in different hybrid deployments.|
|Shared mailboxes are supported.|
|Microsoft 365 DKIM-signed emails are supported.|
|Microsoft Planner notifications are supported. Learn more|
|Emails sent from aliases (using an alias as the email sender) are supported. Learn more|
|The following message types are only supported in client-side mode (and in combo mode for client-side signature rules):
Messages digitally signed and encrypted via Office 365 encryption / Azure Information Protection (Azure RMS and related features: Encrypt-Only, Do Not Forward, sensitivity labels) or by other encryption technologies (e.g. S/MIME, PGP or OpenPGP such as GPG) are supported in client-side mode and in combo mode for client-side signature rules.
In server-side mode, encrypted/digitally signed messages will be stamped with signatures only if encryption takes place after these messages pass through the CodeTwo services. The same applies when using server-side signatures in combo mode.
|Out of Office messages (autoreplies) are not supported.|
|Impact of the software on your IT infrastructure||Changes to operating system:
|Changes to Microsoft 365 (Exchange Online):
Deployment steps and software configuration - a list of useful links that will help you deploy the program and use it with your Microsoft 365 (Office 365) tenant