CodeTwo Signatures Web Add-in for Outlook - centralized deployment
The modern CodeTwo Signatures Web Add-in for Outlook, co-engineered with Microsoft, integrates seamlessly with user accounts in Outlook for Windows and Outlook on the web (OWA) and adds company-wide signatures as users type an email. The add-in can be easily deployed globally from the Microsoft 365 admin center. It is deployed per Microsoft 365 (Office 365) user (not per device), so it works in Outlook and OWA on any device the user signs into. No need to install any additional COM/EXE objects. Read on to learn how to deploy the add-in for all or selected users in your Microsoft 365 organization.
For instructions on how to use the modern Signatures Web Add-in, see this article.
Read this before the deployment
If you have already deployed the classic CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook (COM Add-in) to your Outlook users, you need to uninstall it first before deploying the modern Web Add-in, as you can only use either of them. Otherwise, the add-ins can conflict with each other.
For the Web Add-in to work, the CodeTwo software needs to work in client-side or combo mode (learn more about signature modes). You also need to prepare an email signature template and assign users who should get it. To do so, create and set up a client-side signature rule(s) by following this guide.
In combo mode, a server-side signature will be added to emails sent from Outlook clients on which the Web Add-in has been deployed only if no client-side signature is added by the Web Add-in in Outlook (either automatically or manually by a user).
Thanks to seamless integration with Microsoft 365 user accounts and its agentless architecture, the modern CodeTwo Signatures Web Add-in for Outlook can be used in both standard (physical) and virtualized environments such as Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) on Microsoft Azure and Terminal Server (RDS). To add client-side signatures regardless of the used environment, your user should have access to the Office 365 desktop apps (Outlook for Windows) or a compatible browser (for OWA access) on their (client) computer, as well as be logged in to their Microsoft 365 account in them.
At the moment, the Web Add-in works with Outlook for Windows starting Version 2104 Build 13929.20296 in Current and Monthly Enterprise Channels. It will be available in Semi-Annual Enterprise Channel shortly, as soon as Microsoft rolls out the necessary updates. The Web Add-in might also work with earlier versions or builds of Outlook, but some features may not be available. Learn more about the supported versions of Outlook
- Sign in as global admin to the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- Go to Settings > Integrated apps and click Upload custom apps (Fig. 1.)
- In the Deploy New App pane that opens, select Provide link to manifest file and paste (or type) the following address:
https://emailsignatures365-outlookaddin.codetwo.com/installas shown in Fig. 2.
- Click Validate and when you get the Manifest file validated message, click Next to proceed.
- In the next step, specify which users can access the add-in. Select:
- Just me to deploy the add-in only for the admin account which is used to deploy the add-in,
- Entire organization to deploy the add-in for all users in your Microsoft 365 organization,
- Specific users/groups to deploy the add-in only for the selected users or groups of users. Use the search box to find and add individual users or groups, as shown in Fig. 3.
- Click Next twice and then click Finish deployment.
- Once the deployment is completed, click Done to close the pane.
It can take up to 6 hours for the add-in to appear in Outlook on the web and Outlook for Windows.
CodeTwo Signatures Web Add-in for Outlook - find out more about the modern Web Add-in and how to use it.