Manage admins and account options
The CodeTwo Admin Panel account management pages is where you view and change the information about the currently logged-in account, such as contact details and login type. This is also where you manage your organization's billing information and grant access to the Admin Panel to other admins. To access the account management pages, click the icon in the upper-right corner of the Admin Panel and select Account & admins (Fig. 1.).
CodeTwo Admin Panel username
Notice that by clicking the button (as shown in Fig. 1., item 1) you can view the email address of the currently logged-in user. This email address is also used to log in to the Admin Panel.
Follow the links below to:
- get an overview of the CodeTwo Admin Panel account management options
- learn how to grant access to the CodeTwo Admin Panel to other admins
- learn how to change the login type of your CodeTwo Admin Panel account
The following is the list of all the settings available on the account management pages of the CodeTwo Admin Panel:
- Contact info – this is where you can view and change your Admin Panel account's contact details and your organization's billing information.
- Billing – this page lets you verify the email address to which invoices are sent. This is the same address provided in the Contact email address field on the Contact info page.
- Login credentials (available only for the Microsoft account login type) – this page lets you verify which Microsoft account you are currently logged on with to the CodeTwo Admin Panel. Your account credentials can be managed on dedicated Microsoft pages only.
- Change password (available only for the Email and password login type) – this is where you can change the password used to log in to the CodeTwo Admin Panel.
- Change login type (available only for the Email and password login type) – here you can change the login type from Email and password to Microsoft account. Learn more
- Admins (available only for the Microsoft account login type) – this is where you can specify which users can access and manage your organization’s tenants and subscriptions in the CodeTwo Admin Panel. Only the admin with the Owner role can add and remove other users. Learn more
- Service status notifications – this is where you can specify email addresses and phone numbers that will receive notifications in case of issues with CodeTwo services. Learn more
- Your Contact ID – this page shows your Contact ID that you should always provide when contacting CodeTwo Customer Service.
Within the CodeTwo Admin Panel, there are two user roles with administrative privileges in your organization: admin and owner.
Admins can manage the organization’s tenants (register/deregister, change signature modes and perform other tasks) and subscriptions (buy, edit, add payment methods, etc.).
A user that creates a new CodeTwo Admin Panel account for their organization automatically becomes the owner of that account. The owner has the same rights as an admin, but can also invite other users to join the organization's Admin Panel account as admins, transfer ownership to another admin and change the organization's billing information.
There can only be one owner per organization but multiple admins.
To manage your organization's admins, log in to CodeTwo Admin Panel, click the icon in the upper-right corner of the Admin Panel and select Account & admins. Next, go to Admins in the navigation menu on the left (Fig. 2.). If you don't have access to these options, you first need to change your login type to Microsoft account.
From here, you can:
- Invite users to join your organization in the CodeTwo Admin Panel as admins
- Transfer ownership to a CodeTwo Admin Panel account to another admin
- Remove users from admins authorized to access the CodeTwo Admin Panel
Managing email signatures
The admin and owner roles in the CodeTwo Admin Panel are not integrated with permissions to manage email signature rules. See this article to learn how to assign permissions to signature management app to users or groups of users within a specific Microsoft 365 (Office 365) tenant.
You can invite users both from inside and outside your organization. However, the following conditions need to be fulfilled:
- invited users cannot be an admin in the CodeTwo Admin Panel for another organization,
- they cannot be the owner of another CodeTwo Admin Panel in which there are any tenants registered or admins joined,
- they need to use the Microsoft account to log in to the CodeTwo Admin Panel.
To invite a user, click Invite admin and, in the pane that opens, enter the email address of this user (Fig. 3.). Next, you need to confirm the acknowledgement, just to be sure you know that this user will now be able to manage your organization's tenants and subscriptions, and click Send invite.
The specified user will receive an invitation email. Further steps on how the user should proceed are provided both in the email and in the CodeTwo Admin Panel, once the uses logs in or creates a new account. The invitation is valid for 72 hours.
If any subsequent user from your organization attempts to create a new CodeTwo Admin Panel account, they will be given an option to join the existing Admin Panel account. If they choose to do so, a request will be sent to the owner of the existing account. The owner can then invite this user the same way as shown in Fig. 3.
First, you make sure that the user who you want to be the new owner has been granted the admin access to your organization's Admin Panel account, as described here. You can add admins from outside your organization as well, which means it is also possible to transfer the ownership to another organization, if necessary.
Then, click Set as Owner next to that admin (Fig. 4.). You need to confirm the acknowledgement, just to be sure you know that this user will now be able to manage your organization's admins, billing info, tenants and subscriptions, and click Yes.
Once you change the ownership, you will not be able to undo that change. Only the new owner can now make changes on the Admins page. However, you will remain an admin in your organization's Admin Panel account.
To remove users from your organization's admins in the CodeTwo Admin Panel, click Remove next to that admin (Fig. 5.) and confirm by clicking Yes.
You cannot remove an admin if there are any payment methods defined by this admin that are used in active subscriptions. You first need to change the payment method for such subscriptions (learn how to do so).
Follow the steps below to change your login type from Email and password to Microsoft account. By doing so, you will be able to log in to the CodeTwo Admin Panel by using the Microsoft 365 sign-in page instead of providing your email address and password. You will be also able to assign other admins to manage your organization’s tenants and subscriptions in the CodeTwo Admin Panel. Learn more about the differences between the two login types used in the CodeTwo Admin Panel
Once you change your login type to Microsoft account, it cannot be changed back. The Microsoft account login type uses Azure's OAuth 2.0 authorization: your credentials are passed directly and only to Microsoft servers. CodeTwo does not store, copy or have access to your credentials.
- Log in to CodeTwo Admin Panel.
- Click the user icon () in the upper-right corner of the Admin Panel and select Account & admins, as shown in Fig. 6.
- Go the Change login type page (Fig. 2.) and click Change login type to Microsoft account.
After the change, make sure to use the Microsoft account option on the CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 login page (Fig. 7.) the next time you want to access the CodeTwo Admin Panel.