Signatures added directly in Outlook & OWA when you compose an email
When CodeTwo Email Signatures 365 works in Outlook (client-side) mode, users get automatic and personalized signatures directly in Outlook while composing their messages. To achieve that, CodeTwo teamed up with Microsoft to create the world’s first modern Signatures Web Add-in that integrates seamlessly with Outlook for Windows, Outlook for Mac, Outlook on the web (OWA), and Outlook for iOS and Android (Early access).
Unlike in cloud (server-side) mode, in Outlook mode emails are not routed through CodeTwo services to get signatures.
How does this Outlook mode work? It's pretty straightforward:
- create a new Outlook (client-side) signature rule in the program,
- select a signature template (or compose your own) in the rule,
- define the scope of users (senders) who will have access to that template,
- deploy the modern CodeTwo Signatures Web Add-in for Outlook to the selected users from the Microsoft 365 admin center.
And that’s it. When these users launch Outlook or OWA and start typing an email, the Web Add-in automatically adds a signature with their names and contact information already filled in. No need to sign in to the add-in or use different add-ins for the desktop and web versions of Outlook.
Key capabilities of Outlook (client-side) signature mode:
- CodeTwo email signatures can be automatically applied to new messages and replies/forwards.
- Email signatures can be selected by users while typing an email.
- Signatures can be added to encrypted and digitally signed (S/MIME) messages.
- Support for messages sent as / on behalf of shared mailboxes and Microsoft 365 (Office 365) groups.
- Any changes made to signature templates in CodeTwo Email Signatures 365 are immediately synchronized with the signatures available in Outlook.
- Users always see their Outlook email signatures.
Signatures in Outlook mode work with Outlook web & desktop (and soon with Outlook for iOS and Android), but if you want to deploy automatic email signatures for Microsoft 365 email sent from any other email client and mobile device, you may consider switching to combo signature mode. Combo mode integrates the key functionalities of both cloud and Outlook modes and it works great in a scenario where you want to have complete control of email signatures in your Microsoft 365 organization but, at the same time, let managers or members of a specific team choose their signatures as they see fit.
Automatic Outlook mobile email signatures visible as you type (Early access)
Together with Microsoft Outlook Add-ins team we've developed a new feature in CodeTwo Web Add-in – email signatures added automatically to emails composed in Outlook for iOS and Android.
Here's a sneak peek at how this new feature works: