How to reinstall the program or move it to a different machine
If you want to reinstall the program or move it to a different computer, you can find guidelines in this article.
Reinstallation of the software is rarely required. It might be recommended by CodeTwo Support, for example when:
- you accidentally remove some of the installation files;
- Windows Update or some third-party software damages the Windows registry, shortcuts, or configuration files;
- your hard drive gets corrupted, etc.
The easiest way to reinstall the software is to run the installation file and install it on top of the existing installation. However, in troubleshooting scenarios we recommend that you reinstall the software by following the steps below (this is to make sure that all old installation files are removed before the new ones are copied).
- Uninstall the software from Windows Control Panel first. See guidelines
- Launch the installer file and install the software anew.
- If you are reinstalling server-side components, you also need to activate the software with your license key.
The software is designed in such a way that reinstallation does not remove any configuration files or databases. So if you follow the steps above, all of your settings will be kept.
If you want to reinstall the software completely so that all previous version settings are deleted, you need to remove the software completely first, and install from scratch later. Be aware that this operation may result in an unforeseen data or license loss. We strongly recommend consulting with CodeTwo Support beforehand.
All software settings are stored within the server-side components (CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro Service) so you can move an instance of Administration Panel between computers as you please - you only need to uninstall it from a computer and install it on another machine. The settings will be automatically pulled from the server(s). The Administration Panel does not need to be activated with a license - you can install it on any number of workstations that fulfill these requirements.
CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro Service
The server-side components (the CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro Service) communicate with one another and synchronize settings.
- If you have more than one server with the CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro Service installed, uninstall the CodeTwo services from one of your machines and install them from scratch on a new server. All your settings will be synchronized with this new server within seconds.
- If you only have one instance of CodeTwo Exchange Rules Service on your servers, you must back up your settings (by using the Import/Export button) before you uninstall the software. After installing the CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro Service on a new server, you need to import the previously backed up settings via the Import/Export button.
In both cases, you need to activate the software with your license after you install the services on a new server.