The Recipient condition is used within a rule to define the scope of recipients that, once met, will trigger the program to process the rule and perform the associated action(s).
To define the scope of recipients within the Conditions tab, expand the Field's context menu and choose Recipient (Fig. 1.).
|Fig. 1. Choosing the Recipient condition.|
If you do not add recipients to the list of conditions, the rule will apply to messages received by all recipients.
There are two factors (Fig. 2.) that need to be configured within this condition:
- Operator - defines how the condition will be executed. The execution method may only be set to true.
In this particular condition, the operator may be set to trigger the action if a recipient:
- has a specific email address
- matches an Active Directory user
- matches an Active Directory group (the condition is met only if a message is sent directly to a chosen AD group)
- matches an Active Directory filter
- belongs to an Active Directory group
- belongs to a blacklist
- belongs to an Organizational Unit
- is internal (the recipient's mailbox is an AD mailbox), external (the recipient's mailbox is hosted outside the organization) or disabled in Active Directory (the recipient's mailbox is disabled in AD)
- Value - here you define the expected value of the condition that will trigger the rule to apply the action.
|Fig. 2. Configuring the Recipient.|
This operator lets you select a blacklist whose members will be protected against receiving unwanted messages from particular senders. Once you select Recipient belongs to blacklist, you will have to choose the blacklist container from a separate editor (Fig. 3.).
|Fig. 3. Choosing the blacklist.|
The blacklist containers are managed using the Recipients blacklists tab accessible from Settings in the Administration Panel's ribbon. Note that this condition will be useful only with the Insert Signature or Insert Disclaimer actions. Furthermore, to ensure that the chosen recipients are unsubscribed from the mailing lists, apart from configuring the rule with the aforementioned actions and conditions, you will also have to create an additional rule with the Block message action. Only the combination of such rules will protect recipients against unwanted messages reaching their mailboxes.
Learn more on how to configure the program to trigger the mechanism unsubscribing recipients from a mailing list
Please note that the Value field depends on the chosen operator.
Unsubscribe mechanism - this article describes a feature that lets you create rules that block certain recipients against receiving unwanted mail sent from specific email addresses.