Advanced features and options
CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro offers the variety of advanced features and options that boost the program's functionalities and significantly improve its operation. These features are available in several places of the program:
- In the Settings window:
- Sent Items Update - service responsible for updating messages processed by the program in the Sent Items folder of the particular mailbox.
- Secure messages - allows you to decide how the program should process encrypted and digitally signed messages
- Recipients blacklist - enables you to manage blacklists that are in use with the unsubscribe mechanism
- Message splitting - thanks to this feature, if a message is sent to multiple users with different rules applied, the sender will see an adequate number of messages in the Sent Items folder of his / her mailbox instead of a single one (this option works only with the enabled Sent Items Update feature).
- Categories - allows you to manage categories that can be applied to rules
- Additional AD attributes (Custom placeholders) - this option allows creating additional placeholders according to one's needs that are not included in the program by default.
- Logon settings - enables definition of authentication types to the Exchange Rules Pro Service while operating the particular Administration Panel under specific user accounts.
- Connection - lets you define the connection type with the Exchange Rules Pro Service. The connection may be set either to automatic (default option) or manual.
- Log files - this feature enables collecting the diagnostic data stored during the program's operation that can be used to review any issues if the program deviates from its standard behavior.
|Fig. 1. Program settings.|
- Directly in the Administration Panel as a part of your configuration:
- Import / Export - this feature enables import of the program's settings (from the backup of the current version or from any previous version of CodeTwo Exchange Rules family, sample rules) and settings' export.
- Using aliases - as the program supports email aliases for Sender and Recipient conditions, it may be configured to apply different rules depending on the particular aliases used.
- Using wildcards - wildcards can be used to substitute any character or characters within a string of characters. Its usage is possible in regards to Sender, Recipient, Subject and Body conditions and Remove Sensitive Content action.
- Using regular expressions - enables definition of a sequence of characters that forms a search pattern of phrases in messages. Regular expressions can be used in Subject and Body conditions and Remove Sensitive Content action.
- As standalone applications:
Message splitting - this Knowledge Base article describes how to configure the program to update emails including signatures / disclaimers in the Sent items folder of the particular mailbox if the given message was sent to various recipients encompassed by different rules.
Custom placeholders - this article describes how to widen the scope of placeholders with the ones that are not supported by the program by default.