Advanced features and options
CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro offers a variety of advanced features and options that boost the program's functionalities and significantly improve its operation. These features are available in several places of the program.
- In the Settings window:
- Sent Items Update - configure the service responsible for updating messages processed by the program in the Sent Items folder of a particular mailbox.
- Secure messages - decide how the program should process encrypted and digitally signed messages.
- Recipients blacklist - manage blacklists that are in use with the unsubscribe mechanism.
- Message splitting - thanks to this feature, if a message is sent to multiple users to whom different rules apply, the sender will see an adequate number of messages in the Sent Items folder of their mailbox instead of a single email (this option works only with the Sent Items Update feature enabled).
- Rule categories - manage categories that can be applied to rules.
- Additional AD attributes (Custom placeholders) - create additional placeholders according to your needs.
- Logon settings - define of authentication types for the Exchange Rules Pro Service by defining user accounts that can access a particular Administration Panel.
- Connection - define a connection type with the Exchange Rules Pro Service. The connection may be set either to automatic (default option) or manual.
- Log files - collect the diagnostic data stored during the program's operation that can be used to review any problems with the program.
|Fig. 1. Program settings.|
- Directly in the Administration Panel:
- Import/Export - this feature enables you to import the program's settings (from a backup of the current version or from any previous version of CodeTwo Exchange Rules family), sample rules and export your current settings.
- Using aliases - as the program supports email aliases for the Sender and Recipient conditions, it may be configured to apply different rules depending on particular aliases used.
- Using wildcards - wildcards can be used to substitute any other characters within a string of characters. Their usage is possible in the Sender, Recipient, Subject and Body conditions and in the Remove Sensitive Content action.
- Using regular expressions - you can define a sequence of characters that forms a search pattern of phrases to be found in messages. Regular expressions can be used in the Subject and Body conditions and in the Remove Sensitive Content action.
- As standalone applications:
Message splitting - this Knowledge Base article describes how to configure the program to update emails including signatures/disclaimers in the Sent items folder of a particular mailbox if a given message was sent to various recipients encompassed by different rules.
Custom placeholders - this article describes how to add your own placeholders to the program.