How to uninstall CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro
To uninstall CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro, you need to:
- Go to your Windows Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features (or Add or Remove Programs in previous Windows versions).
- Find CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro on the list, right-click on it and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the uninstaller wizard to remove the application.
- If you want to uninstall the software from a multi-server environment, client-server setup, or more than one workstation, you need to follow the above steps on all computers.
If it is not possible to uninstall the software from the Control Panel, see our Knowledge Base article.
If you need to uninstall the program from the Server Core version of Windows Server, follow these instructions.
If you configured the Sent Items Update service in a hybrid environment, you had to register the CodeTwo Exchange Rules application in your Azure AD. This application is not deleted automatically after you uninstall the program from your machine. If you want to delete it manually, perform the steps below:
- Sign in to your Microsoft Entra admin center.
- Navigate to Identity > Applications > App registrations in the menu on the left and click the All applications tab.
- Click the CodeTwo Exchange Rules entry. Note that if you registered the application manually, if might have given it a different name.
- On the Overview page that opens, click Delete.
- In the pane that opens, select the checkbox to confirm that you understand the implications of deleting the app and click Delete.
Be aware that despite following the procedure above, some CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro files remain on your disk. The remaining data includes some settings, configurations, and log files. You can manually delete them if you need to uninstall the software completely. We strongly recommend keeping those files intact in their original locations, in case you want to install the software again. If you wish to back up your settings so that you can restore them in the future, follow these steps:
Export all of your rules by using the Export feature available on the Administration Panel's toolbar, under the Import/Export button. Learn more
- If you modified any configuration files, please create a full copy of the following directory on every machine equipped with the CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro Service:
%ProgramData%\CodeTwo Exchange Rules\Config
On legacy Windows systems, the path is:
C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\CodeTwo Exchange Rules
It will not be possible to restore your original settings without those files - you will need to recreate all your rules along with all conditions, exceptions, actions, time ranges etc. from scratch.
To proceed with the complete removal, after uninstalling the program from Windows Control Panel, manually delete all folders and files from these paths:
%AppData%\CodeTwo Exchange Rules %LocalAppData%\CodeTwo\CodeTwo.ER.Administrator(...) %ProgramData%\CodeTwo Exchange Rules
Legacy Windows systems
If you still have older Windows systems, delete files from these folders:
%AppData%\CodeTwo Exchange Rules C:\Documents and Settings\All users\Application Data\CodeTwo Exchange Rules C:\Documents and Settings\[User name]\Local Settings\Application Data\CodeTwo\CodeTwo.ER.Administrator(...)
If you have any problems, contact CodeTwo Customer Support.