- Back up Office 365 mailboxes
- Back up Office 365 public folders
- Back up SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business
- Back up Teams data
- Migrate SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business data
- Continuous incremental backup
- Secure local backup of Office 365 data
- Backup and storage on cloud-hosted virtual machines
- Backup on demand or schedule automatic backups
- Central management
- Unlimited data retention and full control
- Automatic archiving of old and inactive data
- Granular backup and recovery
- Browse versions & search for items
- Restore data to the same or different Office 365 tenants
- Support for all Outlook item types
- Deploy on a physical or virtual machine
- No impact on users
- Compliance with legal requirements
Unlimited data retention and full control
CodeTwo Backup for Office 365 gives you complete control over the retention of your backed-up data. The program stores your data on a local drive, allowing you to either keep it there for an indefinite period of time or apply different data retention policies in order to automatically free up disk space.
There are two types of retention available in CodeTwo Backup for Office 365:
- storage retention
- archive retention
Storage retention allows you to apply a retention policy directly on the storage where your backed-up data is kept. This allows you to specify which items (or item versions) should be deleted from the storage based on their age or other characteristics. Retention can be set either for Exchange or SharePoint data, or both. Storage retention goes hand in hand with automatic data archiving feature of the program – instead of deleting your data, you can archive it first.
In addition, archives have their own retention settings that let you further control the disk storage on your machine. If necessary, you can select to keep a specific number of archives (only the latest ones) or allow the program to automatically delete the oldest archives whenever the disk space is too low to create a new archive.
Try out CodeTwo Backup for Office 365 now – simply download and install the trial version and back up the entire Office 365 data for 30 days.