This software has been discontinued. You can check the list of
currently available CodeTwo products here.
How to uninstall CodeTwo Public Folders
Removing CodeTwo Public Folders is as easy as uninstalling it from the Windows Control Panel:
- Go to your Windows Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features (or Add or Remove Programs in older Windows version).
- Find CodeTwo Public Folders on the list, right mouse click on it and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the uninstaller wizard instructions if any are displayed.
- Please note that the CodeTwo Public Folders application is designed to work in various scenarios, including client-server setup with single installation of the Syncing Master with Administration Panel and multiple installations of Client Apps. Consequently, you need to follow the above steps on all computers equipped with either the Syncing Master or the Client App.
If for some reason it is not possible to uninstall the software this way, follow the steps from our Knowledge Base article on How to uninstall a CodeTwo product if it is not possible from the Control Panel.
How to completely remove all installation files
Be aware, that despite following the procedure above, some CodeTwo Public Folders files will remain on your drive. Those are some settings, configuration, cache and log files located in the below listed folders. Feel free to manually delete them if you are required to uninstall the software completely. However, we strongly recommend to reconsider such decision and to keep those files intact in their original locations, in the case you ever want to install CodeTwo Public Folders again. If you wish to back your settings up in a different location or move installation to another machine, please consult our Knowledge Base article on Moving CodeTwo Public Folders Syncing Master (server) to another computer.
It will not be possible to restore your original settings without those files in the future. Also, if you delete the software's cache files, install CodeTwo Public Folders again and configure it identically as previously, you might experience problems with some Outlook items getting duplicated.
To proceed with complete removal, after uninstalling the program from Windows Control Panel, manually delete folders and files from the below listed paths:
- On legacy machines i.e. Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 or SBS2003:
C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeTwo\CodeTwo Public Folders Syncing Master C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Application Data\CodeTwo\C2PublicFoldersClient C:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Application Data\CodeTwo\C2PublicFileServerClient C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CodeTwo\Public Folders
- On Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista and newer:
C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeTwo\CodeTwo Public Folders Syncing Master %AppData%\CodeTwo\C2PublicFoldersClient %AppData%\CodeTwo\C2PublicFoldersFileServerClient %ProgramData%\CodeTwo\C2PublicFoldersFileServerClient %ProgramData%\CodeTwo\Public Folders
On 32-bit systems there is no Program Files (x86) folder, just Program Files.
In the case of any problems you can contact CodeTwo Customer Support.