Mobile App for Android
This feature is unavailable in Public Folders version 5.1 or older.
Now you can access CodeTwo Public Folders also from your Android mobile device. Download the mobile app from Google Play and start working with your tasks, appointments and contacts similarly as with the Outlook Add-in.
After installing the app on your device, you'll notice that it is simple and easy to use. Its main window divides into two parts - top menu bar and the main list of items. The menu bar contains buttons that allow you creating a new item, searching for an existing one, choosing folder for subscription, etc. The number of buttons on the top bar menu depends on the size of your device's screen - if the screen is small then the rest of buttons are available under the device's system menu button (Fig. 1.).
|Fig. 1. Main screen of the Mobile app.|
First connect your device to your own Syncing Master - tap the device's system menu button to access CodeTwo Public Folders Settings menu (Fig. 2.).
|Fig. 2. Settings menu.|
Next tap Connection wizard. If the connection was already configured to the different server, navigate to the first screen of the wizard by tapping the Back button (Fig. 3.) then tap Log in to my Syncing Master.
|Fig. 3. First screen of the connection wizard.|
In the following screen enter the name of you internet enabled Syncing Master and your logon credentials - you should receive them from your administrator. Then proceed to the next step and wait for the app to establish the connection.
Once the connection is made choose folders you want to access - tap the Folders button in the menu of the app and mark folders of your choice (Fig. 4.) then confirm with OK. Now the app should start downloading items populating its main screen with them.
|Fig. 4. Folder subscription menu.|
Tap the item to open it - a new screen shows its contents and a new set of buttons in the top menu bar (Edit button, Delete button, etc.) (Fig. 5.). To perform the action on the opened item just tap the selected button.
|Fig. 5. Opened item screen.|
The Settings screen contains more options (Fig. 6.):
|Fig. 6. Settings screen.|
- Connection wizard - used to choose the server and enter logon credential
- Period to sync events - the option applies only to calendar items and defines the timeframe of synced appointments. For example, selecting 3 months' period means that all appointments 3 months old and all that will start up to 3 months in the future are downloaded from the server.
- When to sync items - if your device provides WiFi and mobile network connectivity then you can decide when the program should sync - always or just over WiFi.
- Connection info - diagnostic information about the current connection status and the device's ID.
- About CodeTwo Public Folders - contains general information about the program's version, links to CodeTwo Support pages, used open source licenses, etc.
- Send diagnostic files - sends a message to our Support Team with the app logs attached.