Moving CodeTwo Public Folders Syncing Master (server) to another computer
To move CodeTwo Public Folders Syncing Master (server module) including the data stored in public folders to another computer, you need to follow these guidelines:
- Install CodeTwo Public Folders Syncing Master (server module) on the target machine.
- For version 4.1 and older activate the new server with a new activation code. For version 4.5.x and 5.x activate the Syncing Master with the license key obtained during purchasing the software.
- Move the data base from the old Syncing Master (server) to the new one. Please note that C2PublicFolders service must be stopped while data is copied or pasted.
- Change the settings of the Outlook Add-ins (client modules) of CodeTwo Public Folders, so that they can find the new Syncing Master (server).
- Uninstall CodeTwo Public Folders Syncing Master (server module) from the old machine.
- Creating a backup copy and restoring data in CodeTwo Public Folders
- Restoring deleted individual data items in CodeTwo Public Folders
- Restoring data from PST file
Be aware that hyperlinks in this article lead to CodeTwo Public Folders version 5.x manual. If you are using an older release please scroll up in the user's manual to find a link to a previous version.