How to recover the lost CodeTwo Public Folders data from a PST file
How to recover CodeTwo Public Folders data from a PST file.
If your data from the Syncing Master (server module) has been lost (i.e. due to a computer failure), it can still be recovered from a local copy of the PST file saved in one of the Outlook Add-ins (client modules).
To recover lost data by using the C2PublicFolders.pst file saved in one of the Outlook Add-ins, follow the steps below:
Go to a computer with the Outlook Add-in installed.
Choose the computer that you know keeps the most recent data from before the failure of the Syncing Master.
Make sure that this computer is not connected to a new instance of the Syncing Master. Connecting the Outlook Add-in to a new instance of the Syncing Master will result in overwriting the PST file and deleting all the data stored in it.
Locate the C2PublicFolders.pst file:
In Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 you can find the C2PublicFolders.pst file in the following location:
In Windows XP the local copy of C2PublicFolders.pst can be found in:
C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\CodeTwo\C2PublicFoldersClient
The <user_name> is the name you use when you log in to your system.
- Copy the file to a safe place before you start the data recovery process.
- Now, copy the PST file to another computer with the Outlook Add-in installed. This computer needs to be connected to the current instance of the Syncing Master.
- Then, open Outlook, click File > Open > Outlook Data File and choose this PST file.
- A new tree with all the public folders data will be created in the Folder List. Copy all the missing items from the new tree to the relevant folders in the C2PublicFolders tree. The Syncing Master will now recognize these files as new ones and will synchronize them with the remaining Outlook Add-ins.
- When all the lost data is recovered, you can close the new tree by right-clicking it and selecting the Close folder option.