Understanding CodeTwo Backup
The subarticles of this article include conceptual descriptions of all features of the program. If you want to know how to configure each feature, go to How to section.
By navigating between these sections, you will learn about:
- Backup model - describes the algorithm of the backup model. You will also learn about different versions of items saved to Storage during the backup process and what data can be included in backups.
- Server connections - describes server connectivity and a multi-server operation in regard to the two server types supported: on-premises Exchange Server and Office 365. You will also learn about the backup process speed.
- Storages - describes target locations for saving backups of mailboxes and restoring their content from.
- Restoring data - provides information about the algorithm of restoring backups along available options for controlling the content of data to be restored.
- Archiving data - describes ways of archiving Storage data as well as importing it back.
- Retention Policy - explains what is and how does Retention Policy work.
- Scheduler and activity periods - provides you with information on the activity time the backups are created or restored in and about running backups within scheduled time frames.
- Program's components - information about two components of the program that cooperate with one another to create and restore backups.