Understanding CodeTwo Backup
This section contains conceptual descriptions of all features of the program. If you want to know how to configure each feature, go to the respective section in this manual:
Click on the links to learn about:
- Program's components – information about the program's main components that are responsible for creating and restoring backups.
- Backup model – read this article to learn more about the program's backup model, item versioning, data encryption, etc.
- Server connections – here, server connectivity and multi-server operation are described in regard to the supported server types: Office 365 and on-premises Exchange and SharePoint servers. You will also learn about the speed of the backup process.
- Storages – this article describes target locations where backups of mailboxes are saved and from where the backed-up content is restored.
- Data restoring – learn more about the algorithm used for restoring backups and available options for controlling the scope of data to be restored.
- Data archiving – this article describes various ways of archiving storage data and importing it back to the original destination.
- Data retention policy – here you can learn more about data retention policy: what it is and how it works.
- Scheduler and activity periods – information about the activity time in which the backups are created or restored and about running backups within scheduled time frames.