Uninstall CodeTwo Backup
Removing CodeTwo Backup is as easy as uninstalling it from the Windows Control Panel:
- Go to your Windows Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features (or Add or Remove Programs in older Windows version).
- Find CodeTwo Backup on the list, right mouse click on it and choose Uninstall.
- Follow the uninstaller wizard instructions if any are displayed.
If for some reason it is not possible to uninstall the software this way, follow the steps from our Knowledge Base article on How to uninstall a CodeTwo product if it is not possible from the Control Panel.
When configuring a connection to Exchange Online or SharePoint Online, CodeTwo Backup registers itself in your Microsoft Entra admin center. This entry is not deleted automatically after you uninstall the program from your machine or delete the connection, but you can delete it manually. To do so:
- Sign in to your Microsoft Entra admin center.
- Navigate to Identity > Applications > App registrations in the menu on the left and click the All applications tab.
- Click the CodeTwo Backup Exchange and/or CodeTwo Backup SharePoint entry on the list.
- On the Overview page that opens, click Delete.
- In the pane that opens, select the checkbox to confirm that you understand the implications of deleting the app and click Delete.
How to completely remove all installation files
Be aware, that despite following the procedure above, some CodeTwo Backup files will remain on your drive. Those are some settings, configuration, cache and log files located in the below-listed folders. Feel free to manually delete them if you are required to uninstall the software completely. However, we strongly recommend to reconsider such decision and to keep those files intact in their original locations, in the case you ever want to install CodeTwo Backup again.
It will not be possible to restore your original settings without those files in the future.
To proceed with complete removal, after uninstalling the program from Windows Control Panel, manually delete folders and files from the paths listed below:
%AppData%\CodeTwo\CodeTwo Backup %LocalAppData%\CodeTwo* %LocalAppData%\CodeTwo Backup %ProgramData%\CodeTwo Backup
If you have other CodeTwo software installed on your machine, you may not want to delete all the folders and files from the %LocalAppData%\CodeTwo path, as there are also files from other CodeTwo programs. Instead, delete only those folders that begin with CodeTwoBackup.Console.exe_Url .
User-created Storages are not removed during the uninstallation process, so if you are not planning on keeping your Backup Storages, you can delete them manually as well.
In the case of any problems, you can contact CodeTwo Customer Support.