Prior to activating CodeTwo Exchange Rules, you need to install the trial version first. Once the trial is installed, you do not have to reinstall the program or use any other installer to activate the full version. Simply run the Licensing program on each Exchange server equipped with the Exchange Rules Service and provide the License key you received after finalizing your purchase order. Use the links below for guidelines.
- Activation on an Exchange server
- Activation on an Exchange server with the Server Core version of Windows Server
To activate CodeTwo Exchange Rules installed on your Exchange Server machine, you need to launch the Licensing program. You can do that from the Windows Start menu (Start > Programs > CodeTwo > Exchange Rules Licensing) or directly from the CodeTwo Exchange Rules Administration Panel (if it's installed on your server) by clicking the Help button on the toolbar and choosing Licensing.
The Licensing program requires the Exchange Rules Service to be installed, that is why it's not available on the client (desktop) machines.
Either way, a window will display in which you can activate the program by entering your license key and clicking Activate over the Internet (Fig. 1.).
After activation, the number of available licenses will be displayed in the License status field of the Licensing program (Fig. 2.).
Now, CodeTwo Exchange Rules can be used without the 30-day trial period limitations. It means that the program will process messages without any time limits.
To activate CodeTwo software, you need to be connected to Internet. However, if you encounter any internet access issues, you can also activate your program via email. To do so, you need to open the Licensing program, click Activate manually and follow the steps in the Manual activation window (Fig. 3.). See our Knowledge Base article for guidelines.
If you installed CodeTwo Exchange Rules on an Exchange server that runs the Server Core version of Windows Server, the activation is performed differently because your machine does not have a graphical user interface (GUI / Desktop Experience).
To activate the program on Server Core, open the Command Prompt (cmd.exe) and run CodeTwo.ER.Licensing.Console.exe with the following parameter:
this parameter activates the program with the license key (<LIC_KEY>) you provided.
Make sure the license key consists of digits and capital letters in the following format: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
Example command line:
CodeTwo.ER.Licensing.Console.exe /activate ABCD1-EFGH2-IJKL3-MNOP4-QRST5
The application tells you when the activation is finished, and then restarts the CodeTwo Exchange Rules Service to complete the process. After a successful activation, a license summary is displayed (Fig. 4.).
If for some reason the program cannot be activated automatically over Internet on your Server Core machine, you can activate it manually by following the steps below:
- Launch the Command Prompt (cmd.exe) and run CodeTwo.ER.Licensing.Console.exe with the following parameter:
/regcodeAs a result, the registration code is displayed (Fig. 5.). It consists of 10 digits and capital letters.
- Send your license key and registration code to CodeTwo so that we register the program manually in our licensing system. Include the phrase manual activation in the subject line and send the message from a mailbox that you check on a regular basis.
- CodeTwo Customer Support will respond within 24 hours and send you an activation code.
- In the Command Prompt, run CodeTwo.ER.Licensing.Console.exe with the following parameter:
/manualactivate <LIC_KEY> <ACT_CODE> <LIC_NUM>Where:
Example command line:
CodeTwo.ER.Licensing.Console.exe /manualactivate ABCD1-EFGH2-IJKL3-MNOP4-QRST5 0ABC1DEFGH 50
- <LIC_KEY> is your license key in the following format: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
- <ACT_CODE> is the activation code that was sent to you by CodeTwo based on your registration code. It consists of 10 digits and capital letters.
- <LIC_NUM> is the number of licenses assigned to the license key you provided.
- The application tells you when the activation is finished, and then restarts the CodeTwo Exchange Rules Service to complete the process. After a successful activation, a license summary is displayed (Fig. 6.).
To display information about the current license on your Server Core machine, run the following command in the Command Prompt: CodeTwo.ER.Licensing.Console.exe /info