Manual activation of CodeTwo software
You cannot activate CodeTwo software automatically over the Internet.
The software needs to be able to contact CodeTwo licensing servers over the Internet to activate the license automatically and instantly.
There are many reasons to which your installation of CodeTwo software might not be able to connect to our licensing server. Pinpointing the source of the problem can be tricky, as the connection to CodeTwo servers might be blocked in many ways (e.g. by port number, by target IP addresses, the software in whole can be disallowed network activity or the licensing executable in particular may be blocked, etc.) and in different places (e.g. by Windows Defender or third-party software firewall on either this machine or on any server in your network, hardware firewall on one of the routers, antivirus, etc.).
If you are not able to find out what is stopping the licensing from connecting to CodeTwo please follow the manual activation procedure below:
- Activation of the current versions of CodeTwo products
- Activation of CodeTwo Public Folders and older CodeTwo products
- Open the licensing module – the Licensing popup window will show up.
If you use CodeTwo Public Folders or your licensing window looks differently than in Fig. 3., see Activation of CodeTwo Public Folders and older CodeTwo products.
- Enter your license key.
- Click the Activate manually button.
- Another window will be displayed. Use the Copy button to copy the required information and send it to the email address provided. Please make sure you put 'manual activation' phrase in the subject line and that you send the message from a mailbox that you check on regular basis.
- CodeTwo Customer Success Team responds within 24 hours but the manual activation requests are usually answered much faster. If you do not get the response the next day, make sure you are checking the same mailbox you sent the manual activation request from and that an email from CodeTwo isn't in your spam folder. Otherwise, contact CodeTwo Support.
- Once you receive the response from CodeTwo, copy the activation code you received and paste it using the Paste button in the Manual activation window (see step 3 in Fig. 4.).
- You also need to enter the appropriate number of licenses (a.k.a. seats or CALs). Failing to do so will cause an error to pop up (Fig. 5.). If you do not know the number of licenses, either consult the licensing document you received along with the invoice or contact CodeTwo Support.
- If all the information has been provided correctly, after clicking Activate (see Fig. 4.), the successful activation message will show up (Fig. 6.).
To activate CodeTwo Public Folders or other CodeTwo products manually, you will need the License Key that you receive upon completing your order as well as the activation code. The activation code can be obtained via phone or e-mail. First, you need to open the Licensing window in your CodeTwo product (Fig. 7.) and click More to display the available activation options.
If your licensing window looks differently than in Fig. 7., see this section.
How to obtain the activation code via email
To receive the activation code via email, in the Licensing dialog box click the More button and choose Order the activation code via email. A ready-made message addressed to CodeTwo will appear containing the necessary details (Fig. 8.) i.e. the License Key (LicenseID) you received upon completing your order, the product number (ProductID), the registration code (RegistrationCode), which is unique for the computer where the program is installed.
When CodeTwo receive the details above, the activation code will be sent back in an e-mail message.
How to obtain the activation code via phone
To receive the activation code via phone, click in the Licensing dialog box More button and choose Order the activation code via phone. The dialog box that appears will include all information necessary to generate the activation code for you. Get your activation code by contacting CodeTwo Customer Support. You will be asked to provide the details from the dialog box (Fig. 9.), i.e. the License Key (LicenseID) you received upon completing your order, the product number (ProductID), the registration code (RegistrationCode), which is unique for the computer where the program is installed.
When the details above have been provided, the Support Technicians will be able to issue the activation code.
Upon receiving the activation code the user will finish the manual activation by choosing from the More menu Activate the program manually. A Manual activation dialog box will display (Fig. 10.). Enter the number of purchased licenses in the License number field and paste the Activation Code in the appropriate field. Clicking the Activate button will unlock the program.
|October 26, 2023
|October 27, 2014