- Frequently Asked Questions
- Program's architecture
- Installation and system requirements
- Hints to getting started
- Quick guide to creating rules
- How to
- Managing access rights
- Configuration of rules
- Template library
- Mechanism processing secure messages
- Sent Items Update
- Rules tester
- Server Monitor
- Advanced features and options
- Knowledge Base
The Message type condition is used to specify the message type that once met will trigger an action to be processed by the program.
To define the message type, expand the Field's context menu within the Conditions tab and choose Message type (Fig. 1.).
|Fig. 1. Choosing Message type in the Conditions tab.|
There are two factors (Fig. 2.) that need to be configured within this condition:
- Operator - enables definition of how the condition will be executed. The execution method may be only set to true.
In this particular condition, the operator may be set to trigger an action if the message type:
- is new email
- is reply or forward
- is out of office
- is meeting request
- Actual condition value - here you define the expected value of the condition that will trigger the rule to apply the action.
|Fig. 2. Configuring the Message type.|