Advanced features and options
CodeTwo Exchange Rules offers variety of advanced features and options that boost the program's functionalities and significantly improve its operation. These features are available in Settings, Import / Export tabs and Conditions:
- In the Settings window:
- Sent Items Update - service responsible for updating processed messages in the Sent Items folder.
- Secure messages - allows you to decide how the program should process encrypted and digitally signed messages
- Message splitting - thanks to this feature, if a message is sent to multiple users with different rules applied, the sender will see an adequate number of messages in the Sent Items folder of his / her mailbox instead of a single one (this option works only with the enabled Sent Items Update feature).
- Rule categories - allows you to manage categories that can be applied to rules
- Additional AD attributes (Custom placeholders) - this option allows creating additional placeholders according to one's needs.
- Logon settings - enables definition of authentication types to the Exchange Rules Service within the particular Administration Panel.
- Connection - lets to define the connection type with the Exchange Rules Service. The connection may be set either to automatic (default option) or manual.
- Log files - collect the diagnostic data stored during the program's operation that can be used to review any problems with the program.
|Fig. 1. Program settings.|
- Directly in the Administration Panel as a part of your configuration:
- Import / Export - this feature enables import of the program's settings (from the backup of the current version, from any previous version of CodeTwo Exchange Rules family, sample rules) and settings' export.
- Using aliases - as the program supports email aliases for Sender and Recipient conditions, it may be configured to apply different rules depending on the particular aliases used.
- Using wildcards - they can be used to substitute any other character or characters within a string. Its usage is possible in regards to Sender, Recipient, Subject and Body conditions.
- As standalone applications:
- Settings importer - which converts rules' configuration from previous version of the program
Message splitting - this Knowledge Base article describes how to configure the program to update emails including signatures / disclaimers in the Sent items folder of the particular mailbox if the given message was sent to various recipients encompassed by different rules.
Custom placeholders - this article describes how to widen the scope of placeholders with the ones that are not supported by the program by default.