Integration with Woopra
This section describes how to integrate CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 with Woopra to allow easy tracking of the results of marketing campaigns. Woopra is a web analytics tool which gathers information on your web traffic. The statistics generated by Woopra can be used to assess the effectiveness of your email signatures marketing campaigns.
URL tags available in Woopra
You can get detailed data on your email signature marketing campaigns if you use dedicated URL parameters in links. There are 5 Woopra URL parameters that you can add to the links placed in email signatures:
- woo_campaign - This tag specifies the name of the product promotion or campaign. Example: spring_2018.
- woo_source – Used to identify where the traffic comes from, for example, email signature, search engine, or a particular domain.
- woo_medium – This tag represents the medium. Used to identify a medium such as email or cost-per-click. Example: email.
- woo_content - Used for A/B testing of ads. Use the woo_content parameter to differentiate ads or links that point to the same URL. Examples: logolink or textlink.
- woo_term - Used mostly for paid search to identify the keywords used in this ad. Example: spring+collection.
To learn more about tracking the results of marketing campaigns by means of URL parameters please refer to Woopra’s documentation.
How to tag links in email signatures with Woopra tracking parameters
You can use CodeTwo Exchange Rules to add tagged links to your email signatures. This way, the process of tracking web traffic from your email signatures will become easier.
- Go to the Actions tab and click Edit to access the signature template editor (Fig. 1.).
- To insert a link to your website, in the editor choose a banner or a text fragment and click the Insert hyperlink button in the ribbon (Fig. 2.).
- This will open the Insert hyperlink window (Fig. 3.). In this window, enter the URL address you want to link to and click the Show email tracking parameters button to see the URL tagging section.
Fig. 3. Insert hyperlink window.
- Choose Woopra from the Tracking tool list. Next, define the values for your URL tracking parameters (Fig. 4.) and click the OK button to save the changes.
Fig. 4. Inserting the email tracking parameters.
View the results of your campaigns in Woopra
If you tagged your links properly, you will be able to see the results of the email signature marketing campaign in various Woopra reports. To learn more about analyzing traffic in Woopra, please refer to Woopra’s documentation