How to remove the CodeTwo Exchange Rules license from a user who does not need it anymore
You want to take back the CodeTwo Exchange Rules license from a user who no longer needs it.
Note that CodeTwo Exchange Rules licenses are assigned to every email address that benefits from the program. Consequently, if a user uses two email addresses, such a user will consume two licenses.
Removing an individual email address from the list of licensed addresses requires clearing the entire list. To do it, follow the instructions for your version of the program:
- CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro 2.x | 2019 1.x | 2016 1.x | 2013 2.x | 2010 3.x.| 2007 4x
- CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro 1.x | 2013 1.x | 2010 1.x and 2.x | 2007 3.x
- If you want to make sure that a given email address is licensed, click the Server Monitor button located on the Administrator Panel’s toolbar. Learn more
- To clear the list of licensed email addresses, restart the CodeTwo Exchange Rules Service on each server. You can use the buttons located in the Server Monitor window (Fig. 1.), or the Windows Services menu (services.msc).
If you want to make sure that a given email address is licensed, open the file named either Licensing.log or LicensingInfo.log. The file is located in the following path (Windows Server 2008 and newer):
%Windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\CodeTwo\<name of the software>\
If you cannot find the above path, check the location of your NetworkService user profile in Windows Registry. To do so, run regedit.exe and check the value of ProfileImagePath key in the following path:
- To clear the list of licensed addresses, restart the Exchange server machine on which the CodeTwo Exchange Rules is installed. Do not attempt to edit or remove the Licensing.log or LicensingInfo.log files – this will not be effective.
|Related products:||CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2007 2.x, 3.x, 4.x, CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2010 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2013 1.x, 2.x, CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2016 1.x, CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2019 1.x, CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro 1.x, 2.x, Licensing|