Installing the CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook
If you want CodeTwo signatures to automatically appear in your Outlook, a dedicated Outlook add-in, CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook (Fig. 1.), needs to be installed on your computer.
The CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook needs to be installed by each user in your organization who will be using CodeTwo email signatures in Outlook.
For the add-in to work, CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 needs to work in client-side or combo mode (learn more about signature modes). You also need to prepare an email signature template and assign users who should get it. To do so, create and set up a client-side signature rule (or rules) in the Manage Signatures App by following our Quick guide.
After you created a signature rule and specified users who trigger it, ask these users to install the CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook on their Windows PCs by following the instructions below.
Before you install
The add-in will not add any signatures to Outlook unless an administrator in your organization has set them up first.
If your organization uses CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 and has configured the software to add email signatures to your Outlook, you only need to install an Outlook add-in to start and the software will do the rest for you. Follow these instructions to get automatic signatures in Outlook on your Windows-based computer:
- Download CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook by using this link.
- Launch the downloaded setup file and click Install (Fig. 2.).
- Click OK after the installation is finished.
- Launch your Outlook to see the new add-in. If Outlook was already open during the installation, you need to restart it to apply the changes.
- The add-in is now available in your Outlook and opens in the right pane. (Fig. 3.). You can change its width to resize it. Use a dedicated button on the ribbon to hide/show the add-in pane.
- In the add-in pane, click Sign in. A Microsoft sign-in screen appears. Sign in using your Office 365 work account credentials and accept the permissions to synchronize the add-in with your Outlook and get automatic signatures.
- When you're signed in, the add-in pane shows signatures that are available for you. Depending on your organization's settings, these signatures can be added automatically (when you compose a new message or reply to/forward a message) or you can add them yourself in compose mode in Outlook, just as you normally add Outlook signatures: go to the Message tab, click Signature on the ribbon and choose any signature that is available to you. Learn more about the add-in
Quick guide - find out how to set up email signature rules in your organization
CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook - learn how to use the add-in in your Outlook