Diagnosing CodeTwo Exchange Rules product family (older versions)
This article is obsolete and may relate only to older versions of our software.
CodeTwo assistance is required when you experience problems with the CodeTwo Exchange Rules product family or require advanced configuration of the software.
This Knowledge Base article concerns certain older versions of our software. If you are using any version newer than the ones listed inthe Related products section (below this article) refer to this article.
Follow the steps below to collect all diagnostics.
- First, take screenshots if you see any error messages or anything unusual on the screen. Make sure the error message is complete and readable - try expanding the error window so the whole message is visible on the screenshot or copy/paste the error message text.
- If you can access the program or your Transport Service still works, go to the program's main menu to turn on detailed logging. See our Knowledge Base articles on how to do this:
- Perform a rules execution test:
- Send a test message with a distinctive subject, for example C2TEST no.1.
- Export the message: after sending, retrieve an email on a computer with MS Outlook, drag and drop the message to your desktop; it will be saved as an .msg file. It may also be helpful if you provide a .msg copy of the message from the Sent Items folder of the sender.
- Repeat this procedure for every tested device/user/rule that does not work properly (remember to change the number in the subject of your test messages).
- Please also send us one email from an account that works properly, so we can compare the messages.
- Export your Event Viewer logs: we need the logs of the System and Application branches in the .evtx format, compressed to .zip files.
- Gather the CodeTwo software diagnostics:
- Log in using your Domain Admin account directly to the Exchange Server where you have our software installed.
- Download the script from here and decompress it to the folder of your choice. You can review the content of the script by opening it in PowerShell ISE or in any text editor such as Notepad.
- Go to the Exchange Management Shell. Navigate to the folder in which you saved the diagnostic script and execute the script with the following command:
- If you get an error that the script is not digitally signed, modify your script execution policy as per this Microsoft article (usually the RemoteSigned permissions suffice).
- If for any reason you cannot run our diagnostic script, follow these additional steps.
- Compress all files (screenshots, log files, settings, .msg examples) into a single .zip file.
- Use our file upload form to send the files and environment description to CodeTwo.