CodeTwo User Photos for Office 365
Upload user photos to Office 365 in bulk and manage them from one place
Find out the answers to common questions related to CodeTwo User Photos for Office 365:
- Why do I need CodeTwo User Photos for Office 365?
You don't, really.
But it's free and it saves you the hassle of editing photos and making sure all filenames match the pattern you are going to use... And a lot of scripting in PowerShell.
- Is CodeTwo User Photos for Office 365 really free?
Yes, CodeTwo User Photos for Office 365 is a freeware program, i.e. it is completely and utterly free.
- Are all Office 365 plans supported?
No. Only Microsoft 365 (Office 365) plans with Exchange Online are supported.
- How do I install CodeTwo User Photos for Office 365?
First, you install ClickOnce component of the program on your local machine (you need a Windows-based computer that is connected to the Internet to do this).
Next, you will be prompted to provide global admin credentials for your Microsoft 365 (Office 365) tenant. They are required to connect CodeTwo User Photos for Office 365 to your Microsoft 365 organization.
That’s it. Now you can start uploading users’ photos to the Cloud.
- Is my Microsoft 365 data safe?
Yes, it is. CodeTwo User Photos for Office 365 does not use your Microsoft 365 data or credentials. The application only obtains an OAuth 2.0 access token from dedicated Azure OAuth servers and uses it to perform its tasks.
Furthermore, the OAuth 2.0 access token is not saved locally on your workstation unless you check the Keep me loggedin option when providing your Microsoft 365 credentials.
- Where in Microsoft 365 are the photos stored?
- How long does it take for the photos to be visible to users?
In Exchange Online services such as OWA, People, Calendar and Groups, the photos will be visible almost instantly.
If you are adding Microsoft 365 user photos to email signatures, note that they may be updated with a delay of up to 3 hours.
Displaying the photos in other services, such as SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Skype, OneDrive, etc. may take up to 72 hours. This is caused by specificities of Microsoft 365 architecture and synchronization.
- Do I have to prepare the photos in any way?
- Can CodeTwo User Photos for Office 365 upload multiple photos in bulk?
Yes, it can. In fact, this is one of the application's main benefits.
- Can I use it to upload photos for individual users?
Yes, you can.
- How many photos can I upload per user?
You can upload 1 photo per user.
This is because the application uploads photos to the default photo repository in Exchange Online mailboxes - this repository can store only 1 photo.
- In which Microsoft 365 services will the photos be displayed?
The photos will be displayed in all Exchange Online services (OWA, Calendar, People, Planner, etc.), SharePoint Online services, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, as well as desktop applications connected to those services.
- Are the photos displayed in Microsoft 365 Groups?
Yes, photos uploaded using CodeTwo User Photos for Office 365 are displayed in Microsoft 365 Groups.
- Are Microsoft 365 hybrids supported?
The application supports selected Microsoft 365 hybrid configurations.
- Can non-admin users manage the software?
Yes, they can, provided a global admin grants the necessary permissions to CodeTwo User Photos for Office 365 on behalf of the entire organization (Microsoft 365 tenant). This can be done automatically, when a global admin signs in to the application for the first time, or manually, in the Microsoft Entra admin center later on. Learn more...
Note that, for security reasons, a non-admin user can use the software to manage their own photo only. However, a global admin can delegate other users to manage photos for all users in a Microsoft 365 tenant by assigning them an admin role (e.g. User administrator) in the Microsoft Entra admin center. See this Knowledge Base article to learn more...
- Does CodeTwo User Photos for Office 365 work on Mac OS?
No, it doesn't. The application relies on Microsoft's ClickOnce technology, which works only on Windows-based computers. You can, however, install it on a Windows virtual machine on Mac OS.
- Can Microsoft 365 photos be automatically added to email signatures?
- Help! What to do if a user photo is not visible in SharePoint Online?