Upload user photos to Office 365 in bulk and manage them from one place
Date Published: 11 Oct 2018
Latest Version: 1.0.7
Size: 6.81 MB
Windows Server 2016(1) / 2012 R2 / 2012 / 2008 R2 / 2008 SP2
Windows 10(2) / 8.1 / 8 / 7 / Vista SP2
Support only for 64-bit versions of Windows
.NET Framework 4.6 or higher required
(1) If you can't find the program after the installation, consult this KB article.
(2) If the program doesn't work after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8.1, you need to reinstall it.
(3) Global administrator rights are required.
- Frequently asked questions
- How to install
- User's manual
- Ask a Question
- Technical Support
- How to uninstall
|Date:||11 Oct 2018|
|New:||Support for the Transport Layer Security 1.2 (TLS 1.2) protocol.|
|Date:||08 Mar 2018|
|Fixed:||It was not possible to manage photos for users whose distinguished names (DNs) contained certain special signs or regional characters.|
|Date:||16 Jan 2018|
|New:||Error dialog boxes allow the user to view detailed error information.|
|Fixed:||Improved listing of users - optimized UI and performance.|
|Fixed:||Minor UI improvements.|
|Date:||04 Apr 2017|
|Changed:||UI improvements – faster loading and a cleaner view of Office 365 groups.|
|Date:||30 Mar 2017|
|Fixed:||The application froze at login for large Office 365 tenants (with 100 or more groups).|
|Date:||22 Mar 2017|
|Fixed:||In certain hybrid environments, the program could not list AD objects. The following error message was displayed at startup: “An Error Occurred while reading containers from Active Directory. One or more errors occurred. An entry with the same key already exists.|
|Date:||02 Mar 2017|
* The version of the setup file may be different from the version of the application itself. The official version number refers to the ClickOnce application that is launched by the setup file.