Want to improve cooperation in your organization? Calendar sharing might help you with just that. You can share a calendar in Office 365 by following at least three methods. The first one is sharing a calendar in Outlook on the web (OWA), the second one is sharing a calendar in Outlook, and the third method is creating a shared calendar in a shared mailbox. In this blog post, you’ll find instructions for the first two methods.
Share an Office 365 calendar in Outlook on the web
To share a calendar in Outlook on the web (OWA), you need to:
- Open a calendar that you want to share with other users in your Office 365 organization. You can access it from the main menu in Outlook on the web (you might need to click All apps to see the Calendar option):
or by clicking the calendar icon at the bottom of the left pane:
- From the My calendars list, select a calendar you want to share.
- When you hover over the chosen calendar, three dots will show up next to its name. Click the dots and then Sharing and permissions.
- Now, you can select individuals you want to share the calendar with. You need to add them one by one.
- You can set up access rights for each person separately. This way you decide what people can do with your shared calendar. To confirm the setup and start sharing the calendar, click Share.
- The selected person will show up on the list below. At any time, you can change the access rights for a selected person or remove them from the sharing list by clicking the trash bin icon.
- Once you click the Share button, the person you specified receives an email where they can accept your calendar sharing invitation by clicking the Add this calendar button.
- After that, the email recipient can view the shared calendar by clicking the View calendar button.
- When they go the Calendar view, the shared calendar should be displayed there along with their other calendars.
Share an Office 365 calendar in Outlook 2019 and 2016
To share your calendar in Outlook 2019 or 2016, follow the steps below:
- First, open Outlook, then from the left pane select a calendar you want to share or click the calendar icon on the bottom menu.
- In the Calendar view, go to the Home menu and under the Share group, click Share Calendar.
- In the Sharing invitation window, select users you want to share the calendar with. If you want the users to be able to add, edit and delete items in your calendar, make sure to select this option as well. In the section at the bottom, you can put some comments, if needed. Click Send once the invitation is ready.
How to stop sharing calendars in Office 365?
If you no longer want to share your calendar, you can either remove the calendar from sharing (Outlook on the web) or remove calendar permissions (Outlook 2019 and 2016).
To stop sharing your calendar in Outlook on the web:
- Go to Step 6 from the instruction above.
- Click the trash bin icon to remove the users from the sharing list.
Stop sharing your calendar in Outlook 2019 or 2016
Follow the steps below to stop sharing your Office 365 calendar in Outlook 2019 or 2016:
- In the Calendar view, go to Home menu and under the Share group, click Calendar Permissions.
- In the Calendar Permissions window, go to the Permissions tab and select users you want to remove from sharing. Click Remove, then Apply, and OK.
That’s it. These two simple methods allow you to share a calendar in Office 365 by using the native options built in Outlook on the web and Outlook 2019/2016.