Guidelines for administrators
If you're an administrator of an Office 365 organization and:
- you have never used CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 and want to know more about the product, see What is CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365?
- your users report problems with server-sided signature previews in Outlook, see How to enable server-sided signature previews in Outlook.
It's our software solution for Office 365 organizations. It allows you to centrally manage email signatures, disclaimers and branding. Signatures are added server-side, according to rules that are defined in the program by organization's administrators. Thanks to this approach, no matter what email client or device is used (mobiles included), emails always get the right signature.
CodeTwo does not store, copy or access messages. Emails are only routed through our Azure servers for processing and then released back to the original server.
Our product is the world's first solution that allows end users to see server-sided signatures when composing emails in Outlook, Outlook for Mac and Outlook on the web (OWA). Signature previewing requires a dedicated Outlook Web Add-in - CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 Add-in. Our add-in can be deployed by admins globally (for the whole Office 365 organization). If you want to enable the add-in for your users, you need to configure CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 - see this section for details.
To know more about the software, browse this manual or visit the product's page.
If you want your Office 365 users to see server-sided signature previews in Outlook, CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 needs to be correctly configured in your organization. You need to make sure that:
- Your Office 365 tenant is registered in CodeTwo Admin Panel.
- Exchange Online connectors are configured.
- You have created signature rules for your users and designed signatures for these rules.
- CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365 Add-in is deployed for your users.