You can stumble upon a few issues related to Inter-Process Communication (between CodeTwo agent of MS Exchange Transport service and CodeTwo Exchange Rules Service) when using our CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO 2 or CodeTwo Exchange Rules family software. Please see the list below and click the problem description you have stumbled upon to see the appropriate article:
- The CodeTwo Exchange Rules Service takes too much CPU and/or improperly/incompletely processes messages.
- The CodeTwo Exchange Rules Service does not start and displays error mentioning "SOAP action".
Also see the problem below:
CodeTwo Exchange Rules Service does not process emails, there are problems displaying Exchange Rules Service status in Server Monitor and CodeTwo Transport Agent log files contain message:
Error: The message could not be dispatched because the service at the endpoint address 'net.pipe://localhost/ER.Engine/MailsProcessingUnit' is unavailable for the protocol of the address. module: CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary.
Error: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/ER.Engine/MailsProcessingUnit that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. module: CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary.
These are general error messages logged when it is not possible to communicate with the CodeTwo Exchange Rules Service. There may be multiple reasons to that and solutions to that:
- First, please check if the CodeTwo Exchange Rules Service is running. Attempt to start it manually.
- Check if the log files contain any other errors. Compare them to errors in other articles listed at the top. Apply appropriate solution.
- Follow the below steps:
- Stop all CodeTwo services on the machine which has the problem and close the Administration Panel wherever you have it open.
- Go to the below location and rename or move the file Stats.xml somewhere else (do not delete it):
%ProgramData%\CodeTwo Exchange Rules
- Start the CodeTwo services on this machine.
- Check if everything works now, if so, run the Administration Panel and check in the Server Monitor if you see stats from this particular machine.
- If the result is that your mail is now processed properly but the stats for this server are not available, zip the Stats.xml file and use our file upload form to send the files and environment description to CodeTwo Customer Support. for analysis and to get info on how to fix the stats now.
- It might be that the service was not registered properly during installation or the installation is corrupted. You need to reinstall the software. To make sure that all old installation files are removed, follow the steps from this Knowledge Base article on how to remove CodeTwo Exchange Rules completely. Please also gather the data required in the linked article.
- If the problem presents itself again, use our file upload form to send diagnostic files and environment description to CodeTwo Customer Support. Include files such as full set of log files, your rules, Event Viewer .evtx Application and System branches log files and the data described in step 4. This will be required to analyze the problem properly.