How to move an Office 365 tenant to another CodeTwo Admin Panel account
You would like to move your Office 365 tenant to a different CodeTwo Admin Panel account.
- How to register a tenant to another CodeTwo Admin Panel account - see this section if you want to use a different Admin Panel account to manage your tenant;
- How to change the Admin Panel account login credentials - see this section if you don't need another CodeTwo Admin Panel account, but you only need to change the email and password used to log in to the current Admin Panel account.
To change the Admin Account used to manage your tenant, you need to deregister the tenant from the current CodeTwo Admin Panel account and then register it under a new account.
- Moving a tenant to a new CodeTwo Admin Panel account requires reconfiguration of Exchange Online connectors. If you use a global admin account with multi-factor authentication (MFA) enabled to access your tenant, you'll need to generate an app password in your Office 365 to proceed with the connectors' configuration. Be sure to prepare this password beforehand. Learn more
- Make sure that you know the exact scope of users (senders) whose emails are routed through CodeTwo services. The senders scope was defined during the configuration of Exchange Online connectors (learn more). You will need to set the same range of users after you move your tenant to a new Admin Panel account.
- During the procedure, there will be a temporary downtime in adding signatures to your messages. It is advised that you perform all the steps after your working hours.
To register an Office 365 tenant to a different CodeTwo Admin Panel, you need to:
- Log in to CodeTwo Admin Panel.
- Go to the Tenants tab and click the Manage tenant () button next to your tenant's name.
If you do not have login credentials to the CodeTwo Admin Panel account under which your tenant is registered (e.g. the Admin Panel is managed by a reseller), you need to follow these steps before you proceed:
- open the Manage Signatures App and log in with your Office 365 global administrator's credentials,
- click the Program settings () button in the upper-right corner of the application's window (Fig. 1.).
- A manage tenant page opens. Select Deregister from the left menu (Fig. 2.).
- Proceed with the wizard and deregister your tenant from the original account.
- Log in to the CodeTwo Admin Panel Account where you want to move your tenant, or create a new account by following these steps.
- Register your tenant and create Office 365 connectors, as described here. Make sure that you select the same scope of senders as previously (learn more).
If you register under the same geo location as before, you will have all of your created rules and templates back. This is because rules and templates are assigned to an Office 365 tenant and to CodeTwo geo location, not to the Admin Panel account.
Please note that if you have a paid subscription, you will lose it and need to renew it manually. Email signatures configured for your Office 365 tenant will still be added until the end of your current billing cycle, so it's a good idea to renew the subscription right before the current one ends. For more details, go to this website.
If you don't want to create a new CodeTwo Admin Panel account, but want to change the login credentials to your current account instead, you can do that on the Login and Password page in the Admin Panel. See this article for guidelines.
Read this before you proceed
- This procedure requires the login credentials to your current Admin Panel account. If you do not know the password (for example, the person managing the Admin Panel is no longer in your company), but have access to the mailbox whose address is used to log in to the Admin Panel, you can reset the password and then access the Admin Panel.
- If a Microsoft account is used to log in to CodeTwo Admin Panel, you will not be able to change your login credentials in the way described above. This is because your credentials are passed directly and only to Microsoft servers. Learn more