How to disable adding signatures created in OWA for Exchange users
This article applies to older versions of Exchange Server - Exchange 2007 and 2010. For newer versions of Exchange Server and Exchange Online (Office 365) see this article.
How to disable adding signatures created in OWA for Exchange users.
After installing a program from CodeTwo Exchange Rules family you may need to disable stamping messages with personal signatures, created in OWA. If you are not able to control all users to manually remove their OWA's signatures, it may happen that some users will have two different signatures: one from OWA and another added by CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2007 or CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2010.
To avoid this problem, you can use the Segmentation tool:
- Open Exchange Management Console, choose Server Configuration, then Client Access.
- Highlight the proper server, and then right click on OWA (Default Web Site) in a bottom field, choose Properties (Fig. 1).
- Go to Segmentation tab.
- Highlight Email Signature on the list and click Disable button (Fig. 2). Then click OK.
- You need to restart Internet Information Services (IIS) service to enable the changes.
- How to manually delete OWA signatures
- How to disable adding signatures created in Outlook for Exchange users
- How to disable OWA signatures in Exchange and Office 365