How to centrally deploy CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook (COM Add-in) via Intune
You would like to learn how to batch install CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook (COM Add-in) for all users or group(s) of users in your organization by using Intune (Microsoft Endpoint Manager).
Installing the add-in in an automated way for all users (or groups of users) via Intune is not a difficult task and can be completed using an intuitive graphic user interface (no PowerShell scripting or complex GPOs required). For instructions on a specific task, go to an appropriate section by clicking a link below:
- Batch-installing CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook via Intune
- Batch-uninstalling CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook via Intune
Before you continue to the procedure below, you need to download the CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook (COM Add-in) MSI installer file. To find the up-to-date, working download link, log in to the CodeTwo Admin Panel. Next, go to the Tenants tab and click a tenant name. Finally, select Signatures add-in for Outlook in the left-hand navigation menu, click Show classic add-in installation instructions to expand the description with the instructions, and click the download link (Fig. 1., item 3).
To centrally deploy the CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook via Intune, do as follows:
- Log in to the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center.
- Go to Apps > Windows (Windows apps) and click Add (Fig. 2.).
If the Apps item is not displayed in the left-hand navigation menu, you can access it by clicking All services.
- Select Line-of-business app as an app type (Fig. 3.).
- Click Select app package file (Fig. 4.) and navigate to the add-in’s installation file (MSI file) you’ve downloaded as described here.
- In the App information step, type CodeTwo in the Publisher field (Fig. 5.), leave other options unchanged, and click Next.
- Leave options in the Scope tags step unchanged and proceed to the next step.
- In the Assignments step, go to the Required section and choose Add all users or select desired Azure AD group(s) for which you wish to automatically install the add-in (Fig. 6.). Click Next to proceed.
- In the Review + create step, verify that all the information is correct and click Create. The add-in will be added to the apps list that you can access by going to Apps > Windows (Windows apps) (Fig. 7.).
- On clicking the app, you can trace installation progress for specific devices and users (Fig. 8.).
To centrally remove CodeTwo Signatures Add-in for Outlook via Intune, proceed as follows:
- Log in to the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center, go to Apps > Windows (Windows apps) and click the add-in on the list.
- Go to the Properties page. Once there, click Edit next to Assignments (Fig. 9.).
- In the Uninstall section, click Add group and choose a group (or groups) for which you wish to uninstall the add-in (Fig. 10.). Apply the change by clicking Review + save and next Save at the bottom of the window.
- You can trace uninstallation progress on the Device status card (of the Overview page), which is displayed after clicking the add-in on the Windows apps list (see step 1).