Error: Method not found
You find the following error in the Event Viewer logs (in the Application branch) or in the CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro and CodeTwo Exchange Rules family agent log files:
Method not found: 'Void Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Transport.Email.EmailMessage.Normalize()'.
and your emails are lacking signatures and disclaimers.
The problem occurs only if both of the following conditions are met:
- One of the following CodeTwo software versions is installed:
- CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro 2.7.1,
- CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2013 2.7.1.
- Your machine has the following Exchange Server version installed:
- Exchange Server 2013 CU7 (build 15.00.1044.025).
This issue is caused by a bug in the Exchange Server version listed above and to fix it completely you must update your Exchange Server installation to a newer CU/RU version.
If you cannot update your Exchange, update your CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro/2013 to version 2.7.2 (or higher) in which a workaround has been implemented (standard emails are processed properly; emails without a body, e.g. sent from network-enabled scanners, are skipped and delivered without signatures).