You cannot install CodeTwo software or are experiencing serious issues despite successful installation.
CodeTwo software supports installation only in environments with official, commercially available Exchange Server versions. Exchange builds obtained via channels different than commercial and reporting build number lower than the official, commercially available ones are not supported by default. This includes builds received via Microsoft Technology Adoption Program (TAP) and Preview builds. Also, some particular Microsoft Exchange Server builds are unsupported for specific reasons e.g. they were recalled by Microsoft.
To check version of your Microsoft Exchange Server simply follow the steps in this article.
List of Microsoft Exchange Server builds unsupported for specific reasons:
- Exchange Server 2007 32-bit (08.00.0685.024) - This version is not supported by Microsoft. See Microsoft website for details.
- Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 3 Update Rollup 8 V1 (14.03.0224.001) - This update has been recalled and is not supported by Microsoft. See Microsoft article explaining why.
- Exchange Server 2013 older than Cumulative Update 8 (CU8 - 15.00.1076.009) - if you are running an older Cumulative Update, consult this article.
- Exchange Server 2013 Cumulative Update 11 (15.00.1156.006) - If you have this update installed in your environment see this article.
Regardless of the above, you are free to use any unsupported Exchange Server builds with CodeTwo software for test purposes. However, you will be doing that at your own risk and CodeTwo will not be able to provide bugfixes or most likely even assist with the troubleshooting.
- How to list Exchange Servers and their roles
- Lists of Exchange Server versions and build numbers
- Microsoft blog post on that topic (1) - explanation on the build number difference
- Microsoft blog post on that topic (2) - script ideas on how to gather build number from remote servers
|Related products:||General (Microsoft 365, Exchange & more)|
|Last modified:||January 3, 2019|
|Created:||March 4, 2015|