How to add signatures only to messages sent by selected users
How to add signatures only to messages sent by selected users.
If you want to do this you need to add these users to the scope of senders for a given rule. Here's what has to be done:
- Open CodeTwo Exchange Rules Administration panel.
- Create a new rule or start editing an existing one.
- Next step depends of the version of the Exchange Rules:
For Exchange Rules 2013 choose the Scope of senders label:
For Exchange Rules Pro 1.x choose the Conditions label and set a scope of senders:
For Exchange Rules Pro 2.x choose the Conditions label and set the conditions according to the example you see below:
- Click Finish and then Save the settings.
From now on only selected users will have signatures automatically appended by CodeTwo Exchange Rules. Messages sent by others will go via the server intact.
This might be useful for companies that want to test the program but have no test environment and are forced to do it on a production server.
You do not need to buy the program for all mailboxes on your server. It is enough if you buy as many licenses as there are users who need to have automatic signatures.
- Applies to: CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2007 1.x, 2.x, 3.x CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2010 1.x, 2.x CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2013 1.x CodeTwo Exchange Rules 3.x CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro 1.x, 2.x
- Categories: FAQ, How-To
- Last modified: 2014-08-11
- Created: 2010-01-28
- ID: 133
- Keywords: selected, limited, number, users, number of users, inserting, signatures, test, testing, how to test, live environment, only to selected, message, messages, emails, mailbox, mailboxes, scope of senders, senders' scope, specyfing, production, production se