Central, automatic, intuitive
- Backup jobs: Use backup jobs to manage all aspects of Exchange mailbox, public folders and SharePoint backups - scheduling, scopes of data, filtering, and more.
- Continuous incremental backup: After creating a full copy of mailbox, public folder or SharePoint data selected by the admin, subsequent backup cycles save differential data as new versions.
- Unlimited storage: Unlike cloud-based backup solutions, CodeTwo Backup for Exchange does not limit the amount of data you can store.
- Granular restore feature: Restore mailboxes, folders, or individual items. Recover healthy versions of data from previous backup cycles.
- Data selection and filters: Manage the breadth of your backup. Select mailboxes, filter items based on their age, and exclude special folders.
Flexible and user-friendly
- Custom backup settings: Create one-time or continuous backup jobs, determine the range of data you want to backup, configure activity periods, and more.
- Central management: Only one admin account necessary to take charge of backups and recoveries for all mailboxes, public folders and on-premises SharePoint data in your Exchange organization.
- Easy to learn and manage: The program's graphical user interface provides direct access to all features. No need for additional configuration or scripting.
- Runs in the background: Once you set up all the backup jobs you need, you can close the program and leave it to work in the background.
- Deployment on virtual machines: You can install CodeTwo Backup for Exchange on physical as well as virtual machines.
Granular and customizable
- All types of mailbox folders: The application lets you back up all mailbox folders, e.g. emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journal, etc.
- Filters: Choose which mailboxes you want to back up. Limit the scope of data or back up full mailboxes.
- Granular restore feature: Restore mailboxes, folders, or individual items. Recover entire SharePoint site collections, single sites, lists, libraries, folders or single items. Decide which healthy versions of data from previous backup cycles you want to restore.
- Data versioning: In incremental backups, the first cycle creates a full copy of the selected scope of data. Subsequent cycles add layers containing only changes detected within the scope. Item versions can be easily previewed and restored one-by-one or in bulk.
- Easy browsing and item preview: A filter-based search assistant lets you quickly find what you're looking for. The preview feature enables you to take a look inside backed up items and their previous versions.
- Native archiving, exports to PST, retention: Protect your backup copy by saving Exchange and SharePoint data in the program's native archive or by exporting mailboxes and public folders to PST files. Control the size of the at-hand backup and archive by setting retention policies.
- Backup rotation: Perform frequent backups to an on-site storage and archive backed-up data to a medium stored off-site every couple of months.
- Mailbox snapshots: Thanks to the smart data versioning mechanism, CodeTwo Backup for Exchange lets you recover clean snapshots of mailboxes/folders/items that have been altered due to user error or external causes.
- Data moves: CodeTwo Backup for Exchange's restore jobs can be customized to the point where you can easily move chunks of data between different locations.
- Legal compliance: Meet legal requirements regarding retention of electronic records. Learn more...
- Invisible to end-users: During the creation of backup copies availability of resources is not interrupted.