CodeTwo Terms and Privacy
This is an outdated version of the document - the current version is available here.
CodeTwo sp. z o.o. sp. k. (hereinafter referred to as CodeTwo) seated in Poland in the city of Jelenia Gora is the controller of the personal data in accordance with the Act of 29 August 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data.
What information we collect
While using CodeTwo’s websites and web applications, you may be asked to provide your personal details, particularly your first name, last name, email address, phone number, address, user name, credit card details or other payment or billing information. Providing this information might be required to receive the services you have voluntarily ordered.
You may be asked to provide your personal details while doing the following:
- requesting sales or technical support via email, phone, LiveChat or online forms;
- placing orders via email, phone or while submitting an online order form for CodeTwo products or services, or while submitting questions via any other online forms;
- downloading selected CodeTwo products, whitepapers or marketing materials;
- creating user accounts and associating your applications (e.g. registering your Office 365 tenant with CodeTwo Email Azure Service) with CodeTwo services;
- signing up for newsletters regarding CodeTwo products and services
- taking part in CodeTwo promotional campaigns.
Some of CodeTwo services and web applications may require you to create a user account on CodeTwo websites.
Remember to protect your user account credentials (login and password).
The technology CodeTwo implemented allows you to access your account without having to retype your credentials on a given device. You can opt-out from this feature by unchecking the “Keep me logged in” checkbox on a given login site.
What we do with user information
CodeTwo collects data to:
- deliver products and services. CodeTwo uses data to fill orders for CodeTwo products and services, compose and send quotations, provide technical and sales support,
- communicate with you with regards to CodeTwo products and services,
- improve their products and services. CodeTwo may collect data to get feedback (opinions) regarding products and services and quality of the services provided by the Customer Service teams,
- provide appropriate quality of service. CodeTwo may – in conformity with applicable laws – use some data to manage Customer Service, web traffic, or to prevent frauds,
- send information regarding CodeTwo products and services (see Information on CodeTwo products and services),
- manage product and service delivery processes, especially to collect charges, verify payments, draw up invoices, bookkeeping, etc,
- pursue claims or fulfill agreements.
Information on CodeTwo products and services
Based on Terms and Conditions of Sales and Services and Terms and Conditions of Technical Support, CodeTwo may use the personal data you provided, email addresses or addresses for letters to provide you with essential information concerning products and services you are using, especially regarding new or updated products, changes in terms, regulations, prices, etc.
If you are using CodeTwo products or services, CodeTwo may process the personal information you provided to send you information regarding their products and services only if you agree to receive commercial information. At any time you may opt-out from this service.
Disclosure of your data
CodeTwo guarantees that all your personal information collected by CodeTwo websites and web applications is protected, and that it will not make this information available to third parties, unless you give CodeTwo a permission to do so, or unless it is legally allowed, or unless such disclosure is necessary to meet any applicable governmental need or legal process.
CodeTwo may share your personal information:
- in response to requests made by governmental or justice authorities – in this case the law may allow CodeTwo to disclose your personal information without notice and without your consent. However, in each case CodeTwo will verify whether the request is legal prior to disclosing any information;
- to process payments for CodeTwo products and services you make via CodeTwo websites or web applications it might be necessary for CodeTwo to transfer your personal information to one of the payment processors CodeTwo cooperates with. Nonetheless, the transferred information is limited to that necessary to complete the payment process. CodeTwo cooperates with the following payment processors: PayPal and Braintree. If you decide to pay via PayPal (www.paypal.com) using any payment method available in PayPal (in particular, by paying via credit or debit card) your personal information (limited to that necessary to complete the payment process) is transferred to PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. (R.C.S. Luxembourg B 118 349). The conditions for processing the personal data by PayPal can be found on www.paypal.com. If you decide to pay by credit or debit card using the Braintree payment processor, your personal information (limited to that necessary to complete the payment process) is transferred to PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. (R.C.S. Luxembourg B 118 349) and to Chase Paymentech Europe Limited (EastPoint Plaza, EastPoint Business Park, Dublin 3, Ireland). The conditions for processing the personal data by PayPal can be found on www.braintreepayments.com;
- to commission other subjects to process of your personal information based on Article 31 of the Act of 29 August 1997 on the Protection of Personal Data – CodeTwo always requires confidentiality and protection of your information from these (and other) subjects and using it only to deliver required services or products;
- to use services of other parties or to pursue claims.
At any time you may:
- request access to your personal information and request changes;
- opt out from any correspondence sent by CodeTwo;
- request a removal of your personal information, email address and/or user accounts.
Cookies and marketing
- Usability – this kind of cookies improve user experience. For instance, thanks to them you do not have to fill in a download form each time you download CodeTwo products, if you already did that in the past. Thanks to cookies you can also seamlessly place an order in the order system, or log in to CodeTwo user accounts. This kind of cookies are necessary for CodeTwo’s websites to work properly.
- Statistics – by means of Google Analytics CodeTwo collects anonymous and aggregated statistical data about users visits on our website.
- Marketing – this kind of cookies are saved by external scripts we use. They are mainly used for remarketing purposes (see Remarketing).
You have the full right to stop cookies from being saved to your hard drive. Each browser is equipped with a capability to disable cookies. For instance, in Internet Explorer, the most popular browser, you choose Tools, Internet Options, Privacy, Advanced, Block cookies.
At any time, you may revoke or alter your cookie consent. You may also delete cookies stored on your computer by choosing Tools, Internet Options, General, Delete cookies in IE and in Firefox by choosing Tools, Clear Private Data, check Cookies and Clear Now.
Note that disabling cookies may negatively impact your online experience on CodeTwo websites and prevent you from using certain websites or logging in to our web applications.
CodeTwo websites use tracking and remarketing cookies from Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Facebook Conversion Tracking and Facebook Custom Audiences to advertise our products online. CodeTwo reserves the right to use all targeting features available in Google AdWords including: demographic and location targeting, remarketing, affinity audiences, custom affinity audiences, in-market audiences, similar audiences (learn more about cookies used in ads by Google).
CodeTwo and third-party vendors, including Google, use first- and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and serve advertisements based on your past visits to our website. Google and any other third-party vendors display our adverts across the Internet. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network advertisements using the Google Ads Settings or you can block it by installing Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. If you don't want Facebook to use information based on your activity on websites or apps off Facebook for the purpose of showing you ads, change your ad settings in Facebook. CodeTwo does not collect any sensitive information about its visitors.
How to contact CodeTwo