How to reset CodeTwo Outlook Sync to out of the box state VIDEO
How to reset the installations of Outlook Sync to the initial state before the first synchronization.
In order to restore CodeTwo Outlook Sync to the initial state you need to access the folder in which the application registers the synchronization settings and stores data on the items that have already been synced.
The below steps must be completed on both machines hosting Outlook Sync. At the bottom of the article, you can watch a video tutorial showing the a steps below.
- Close out of Outlook Sync (remember to check the system tray in the lower right corner of the screen for the presence of the application icon).
- In the search field of the Start menu type %appdata%. If you are using Windows XP type it in the Run dialog box opened through the Start menu.
- In the window that opens go to the CodeTwo folder.
- Back up the current installation by creating the copy of the "Outlook Sync" folder. The backup folder name must be different from "Outlook Sync" which is used by the main installation.
- Go to the "Outlook Sync" folder and delete all files except for C2OutlookSync.key (the file is present only in the licensed installation).
- Do the same on the other machine.
- After you restart the application, you will be asked to point to the other machine where Outlook Sync must be running too.
Watch the video tutorial showing the above steps:
- Applies to: CodeTwo Outlook Sync
- Categories: How-To
- Last modified: 2011-07-08
- Created: 2011-07-08
- ID: 183
- Keywords: reset, installation, reverse, restore, sync