How to globally enforce UTF-8 encoding for OWA
You would like to globally enforce UTF-8 encoding for your Outlook Web App.
Exchange Online (Office 365)
As of July 2016, it is not possible to globally enforce a specific encoding for OWA in Office 365.
Exchange Server on-premises
To globally enforce specific encoding settings for all OWA users in Exchange Server on-premises, you need to use the Exchange Management Shell. Follow the steps below to enable UTF-8 encoding for OWA:
- Log in using your Domain Admin account to the Exchange Server.
- Go to the Exchange Management Shell. Execute this PowerShell cmdlet:
Set-OwaVirtualDirectory -identity "Owa (Default Web Site)" -OutboundCharset AlwaysUTF8
- Applies to: CodeTwo Email Signatures for Email Clients CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2.x, 3.x CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2007 1.x, 2.x, 3.x CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2010 1.x, 2.x CodeTwo Exchange Rules 2013 1.x CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro 1.x
- Categories: How-To
- Last modified: 2016-12-05
- Created: 2013-12-23
- ID: 343
- Keywords: utf-8, utf8, unicode, owa, enforcing, global, exchange, EMS, powershell