Extended RPC logging on Exchange Server
How to extend Exchange Server RPC log files.
To extend the Exchange Server RPC logging do the following steps:
- Locate folder named:
%ExchangeInstallPath%\Binor in the case of Exchange 2016 and Exchange 2019:
- Once inside, open the file named: Microsoft.Exchange.RpcClientAccess.Service.exe.Config
- Near the bottom, there is a line which looks like this:
<Add key="LoggingTag" Value="ConnectDisconnect, Logon, Failures, ApplicationData, Warnings" />
- Change it to the following:
<Add key="LoggingTag" Value="ConnectDisconnect, Logon, Failures, ApplicationData, Warnings, Throttling, Rops" />
- Try to reproduce a few times the problem that led you to this article, so you can catch it in the logs.
- Copy the logs that are generated from all the servers where Exchange Server is installed, compress them and sent to CodeTwo Customer Service. The logs can be found in the following locations:
For Microsoft Exchange Server 2010:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Logging\RPC Client Access\
For Microsoft Exchange Server 2013/2016/2019:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\Logging\RPC Client Access\ (Or RPCHTTP if using RPC over HTTP)
- Compress all files into a single .zip file.
- Use our file upload form to send the files and environment description to CodeTwo.