Dynamic Fields in CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO - Dynamic Content
This article is obsolete and may relate only to older versions of our software.
How to create a dynamic content using dynamic fields in CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro?
CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO has a long list of useful features that help to manage the mail flow on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 or 2010. One of the many available options are the Dynamic Fields that can be used in mail templates and that will contain data pulled directly from Active Directory. There are five groups of Dynamic Fields. Below, you can read more about the category called Dynamic Content that includes: Rotating Image and Rotating Text.
If you use the Rotating Image placeholder in the mail template, CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO will automatically search the defined location and randomly or sequentially add an image to the template. It can be useful if you want to have rotating advertisement banners or promotion notifications in your emails (Fig. 1.).
Fig. 1. A message with a randomly added image from a specified folder.
The Rotating Image option will only work when you create or edit a template within the two types of actions defined on the Action tab: Insert signature/disclaimer and Auto respond (you can read more about them in the User Manual). After you set up the rule properly and open the Template Editor you need go to Dynamic Fields, Dynamic Content and then select the Rotating Image option (Fig. 2.).
Fig. 2. Selecting Rotating Image option from the Dynamic Fields menu.
The Rotating image placeholder will appear in the body of the template while the right pane will display the available properties (Fig. 3.).
Fig. 3. Rotating image placeholder and the available settings.
The properties pane consists of the following options available when the placeholder is selected:
- Folder path - points to the source folder on the hard disk where the images are located,
- Mask - specifies the images' file names (*.*); it can be a certain format (*.jpg) or name (promo.*),
- Search in subfolders - if the value is false, program will not search for images in subfolders of the source folder, if it is true, the images will be pulled from all subfolders,
- Working mode - there are two options to choose from: modeRandom (images are chosen randomly) or modeSequential (images are chosen sequentially in an alphabetical order),
After you make proper changes and prepare your template, click the Save & Close button on the Template Editor ribbon, and the Save button on the main toolbar of CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO.
You can also add the Rotating Text placeholder which works similar to the Rotating Image but is responsible for adding text. In this option CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO will search the defined location for files and randomly or sequentially add a block of text from these files. Bear in mind, that the program will add all the text that is included within a single file. If you want to add various texts e.g. quotes, then you need to put each quote in a separate file. The Rotating Text option properties are visible in the right pane of the editor (Fig. 4.).
Fig. 4. Rotating text placeholder with the available settings.
The Rotating text properties pane consists of the following settings:
- Folder path - points to the source folder on the hard drive where the files, containing the text, are located,
- Mask - specifies what type of files will be searched for the text (htm, html, txt),
- Search in subfolders - if the value is false, program will not search for files with text in subfolders of the source folder, if it is true, the files with the text will be pulled from all subfolders,
- Working mode - there are two options to choose from: modeRandom (files with text are chosen randomly), modeSequential (files with text are chosen sequentially in an alphabetical order),
After you make proper changes and prepare your template, click the Save & Close button on the Template Editor ribbon, and the Save button on the main toolbar of CodeTwo Exchange Rules PRO program.
|Related products:||CodeTwo Exchange Rules Pro 1.x|
|Last modified:||June 10, 2019|
|Created:||December 20, 2010|