The backup or restore process is visibly slower than network bandwidth.
In some cases, users may notice that the actual backed up or restored data transfer speed is considerably slower than their network bandwidth. See the user's manual explanation why.
If you believe that your backup process is too slow follow the steps below:
- If so far you have been running backup jobs for multiple mailboxes, create a test backup job for just one mailbox. Stop other jobs. Run the new job you created for just one mailbox, allow it either to finish or run it for at least an hour so the software can gather enough statistics.
- Compress to a .zip file the whole folder (contains log files, jobs statistics, etc.):
- Go to this third party website and start the Internet connection speed test, take a screenshot of the results.
- Connect to your Office 365 / target Exchange Server via Powershell and execute the below cmdlet, take a screenshot of the results (this will gather statistics about the mailbox):
Get-MailboxStatistics -identity <MailboxName> | flWhere <MailboxName> is a name of the mailbox you ran the backup job for.
- In the case of Exchange Online (Office 365) run also the below cmdlet:
Get-OrganizationConfigValue of the OrganizationId property in the above cmdlet execution results will reveal the Exchange Online server name on which your tenant is hosted.
- Let us know where exactly are physically located: the machine on which you are running CodeTwo Backup and the Exchange Server. In the case of Exchange Online (Office 365) you might not know that. Tell us then, what country was chosen during Office 365 tenant configuration and do not forget to attach results from points 5 and 6.
- Compress all files (screenshots, log files, settings, etc.) into a single .zip file.
If the total size of all attachments compressed is bigger than 15MB please consult this article on delivering big files to CodeTwo.
- Send all the above requested files and the problem description to CodeTwo.
If you have a case open with us already, it is very important to state your case number in the subject line.