How to allow PowerShell to connect to Exchange Server over IP address
You need to be able to connect with PowerShell to your on-premises Exchange Server using its IP address instead of its FQDN or hostname.
In order to allow PowerShell to connect remotely over an IP address, PowerShell Virtual Directory in IIS must be configured for basic authentication. Follow the steps below to do that:
- Run the Exchange Management Shell on the Exchange machine to which you want to connect over the IP address.
- Execute the cmdlet below:
Set-PowerShellVirtualDirectory -Identity "PowerShell (Default Web Site)" -BasicAuthentication $true
- Applies to: CodeTwo Exchange Migration
- Categories: How-To
- Last modified: 2016-11-23
- Created: 2016-11-10
- ID: 601
- Keywords: winrm, remoting, psremoting