Moving a data base to another location on the same computer
How to move database from default location to another one on the same machine.
By default, the database of CodeTwo Public Folders 5.x is kept in this location:
C:\ProgramData\CodeTwo\Public Folders\Syncing Master
or in Public Folders 4.x:
C:\Program Files\CodeTwo\CodeTwo PublicFolders Server
To change the location, please follow these steps:
- Make a backup copy of your current database, here is an instruction.
- Run your Public Folders Syncing Master - Administration Panel.
- For Public Folders 4.x please choose a Configuration and:
- keep clicking Next button till the Database Settings screen is displayed (Fig. 1)
- Use Browse button to change the location of your database.
- Click Next and the Finish to save changes
- For Public Folders 5.x choose the Other card and the Syncing Master label from left menu and then:
- find find the Database location label
- click the Change button to change the location of the database
- finally, click Apply to save changes
- Paste copied data to the new location, as described here.
Please, keep in mind that Windows allows 260 characters only in the paths. So we suggest to use short paths rather (Fig. 2), as CodeTwo Public Folders adds also an ID number of the item to each path.
- Applies to: CodeTwo Public Folders 4.0, 4.5, 5.x
- Categories: How-To
- Last modified: 2010-01-21
- Created: 2010-01-21
- ID: 131
- Keywords: location, locations, locate, database, data base, path, paths, configure, configuring, configuration