How to check the connection with the Syncing Master (server module) using telnet command
How to check the connection with the Syncing Master?
To check if there is a conection via a particular TCP port with Syncing Master (server module) of CodeTwo Public Folders, you should use the telnet commend:
- In the computer with Outlook Add-in (client module) choose Run from menu Start, type cmd and click OK.
- The new window will display; type: telnet computer's_name port_number (Fig.1.)
- If the whole window becomes black, it means that you have a correct connection with Syncing Master using this TCP port. If you get an error instead informing that connecttion has failed (Fig. 2.), it means that it is not possible to connect with the Syncing Master using this TCP port.
Fig. 1. The example of properly used telnet commend ("delta" is a name of the computer with Syncing Master and "5002" is a number of TCP port).
Fig. 2. This error will be displayed if the connection with the Syncing Master with checked TCP port is not possible.
- Applies to: CodeTwo Public Folders 4.0, 4.5
- Categories: How-To, Troubleshooting
- Last modified: 2014-10-10
- Created: 2008-11-13
- ID: 56
- Keywords: TCP port, problem with the connection, connecting problems, client module cannot connect with server module, telnet commend