How to manage Exchange Attributes in Office365 using PowerShell
This article is meant for users of CodeTwo Email Signatures for Email Clients. This software has been discontinued. If your organization uses Office 365, check out CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365.
You are not able to manage Exchange Attributes 1-15 (custom attributes) in Office 365.
You can use PowerShell to change Exchange Attributes in your Office 365 organization. Please follow these steps:
- Connect to your Office 365 using PowerShell. See this article to learn more.
- After establishing connection to your Office 365, please run this command in PowerShell:
Set-Mailbox UserAlias -CustomAttributeX 'TypeValue'
- UserAlias - is the mailbox alias of the user for whom you want to set an Exchange Attribute,
- X in CustomAttributeX - replace X with a number from 1 to 15 to select an attribute that will be updated,
- TypeValue - here, type the value that you want to set for the selected Exchange Attribute.
- Disconnect from your Office 365. See this article to learn how to do this.