How to manage Exchange Attributes in Office365 using PowerShell
You are not able to manage Exchange Attributes 1-15 (custom attributes) in Office 365.
You can use PowerShell to change Exchange Attributes in your Office 365 organization. Please follow these steps:
- Connect to your Office 365 using PowerShell. See this article to learn more.
- After establishing connection to your Office 365, please run this command in PowerShell:
Set-Mailbox UserAlias -CustomAttributeX 'TypeValue'
- UserAlias - is the mailbox alias of the user for whom you want to set an Exchange Attribute,
- X in CustomAttributeX - replace X with a number from 1 to 15 to select an attribute that will be updated,
- TypeValue - here, type the value that you want to set for the selected Exchange Attribute.
- Disconnect from your Office 365. See this article to learn how to do this.