Connection to service cannot be established via proxy
While using proxy, the Administration Panel is unable to establish connection with the service. As a result you are encountering similar errors:
Error creating the Web proxy specified in the "system.net/defaultProxy" configuration section.
The issue with your connection is probably caused by improper characters (such as %) in the proxy address. As the proxy configuration affects entire system, it has also a direct impact on the behavior of the Exchange Rules Service and its Administration Panel. To verify your proxy settings, please follow all steps below:
- Open Control Panel.
- Navigate to Internet Options.
- Switch to the tab named Connections.
- In the bottom part of the window, click LAN settings button.
- In the window that appears, under the Proxy server section, ensure that the address does not contain any invalid characters and the port is correct. The example below shows an example of incorrect proxy address.
Fig. 2. Invalid proxy settings.
- Click Ok to save the changes.
- Confirm by clicking Apply.
From now, you should be able to connect to the Exchange Rules service.