Configuring scheduled synchronization in Exchange Sync
How to configure scheduled synchronization in Exchange Sync.
If you do not use CodeTwo Exchange Sync too often, do not need to synchronize your data all the time or want to save some resources scheduling is a solution for you.
- After installing and configuring CodeTwo Exchange sync, run your Task Scheduler on Microsoft Exchange Server: Start,Search(...), task. You should find the Task Scheduler. Click on the program name to run it (Fig. 1).
- After turning on the Task Scheduler you need to set up two tasks. Click on Create Task (Fig. 2).
- In the task creation window, General tab, field Name enter a name for the task. Let's call it Sync Start. Select the option Run whether user is logged or not (Fig.2).
- Next, go to the Triggers tab and click the New button. A new window should pop-up, select a time when syncing service should be started, for example once a day at 12.00pm from 19th of July (Fig. 4). You are free to customize these settings. Click OK to apply changes.
- In the next tab - Actions click New, choose an action Start a program and in the field Program/script input net start C2ExchangeSync (Fig.5). Confirm changes clicking OK, and answer Yes to the next question.
- In the other tabs (Conditions and Settings) you can define additional settings. After confirming by clicking OK and entering a password for a currently logged in user the new task will be visible on a task list (Fig. 6).
Now, you can go through this manual all over again setting up another task that will be stopping previously started service after some time. You can call it Sync Stop, set up stopping time e.g. one hour later and in the Program/script (Fig.5) tab input net stop C2ExchangeSync.
In that case C2ExchangeSync would be started at 12:00pm every day and stopped one hour later.