What to do if I removed the CodeTwo domain assigned to my Office 365 tenant?
You removed the CodeTwo domain that was added to your Office 365 tenant during the provisioning of CodeTwo Email Signatures for Office 365.
After you add a tenant to CodeTwo Admin Panel and the provisioning of our services is finished (learn more), a new CodeTwo domain appears in your Office 365 (Fig. 1.). This domain is unique for a given tenant and must be created so that CodeTwo connectors can work properly in your Office 365 organization. See this Microsoft article to learn more about certificate-based connector configuration.
If you remove this new domain, the CodeTwo connectors (and, as a consequence, the CodeTwo services associated with your tenant) might stop working.
If you remove the CodeTwo domain, your mail flow might be blocked. This may not happen right away; it depends on how fast this change (the removal of the CodeTwo domain) propagates in your Office 365. Still, we advise that you react quickly.
To solve this issue, you need to follow these steps:
- We recommend that you start with removing the CodeTwo connectors and transport rule, to avoid mail flow disruption. See this article to learn how to do this automatically or manually.
Be aware that the propagation of changes (after you deleted the CodeTwo domain) may take some time and your emails may not be blocked right away. If you are willing to take this risk, skip this step and proceed to step 2.
- Report the issue to CodeTwo Customer Support. Tell them whether or not you've already removed the connectors and transport rule (if not, you will be asked to do that).
- Our support team will restore CodeTwo services in your Office 365 tenant. When they inform you that the provisioning of your tenant has begun, you will need to:
- Open CodeTwo Admin Panel and check the provisioning status of your tenant on the Tenants tab, by refreshing the page. The provisioning may take a while (usually 3-15 minutes).
- When the process is finished, your tenant’s status will change to Connectors configuration required (Fig. 2.). We will also send you an email with further instructions. After successful provisioning, a new CodeTwo domain is added to your tenant. You can find it in your Microsoft 365 admin center (Office 365 admin center) (see Fig. 1.). Do not remove it.
- Finally, you need to create new CodeTwo connectors and transport rule, to restore CodeTwo services in your organization.