How to back up mailboxes from a subdomain
You want to back up mailboxes from a subdomain, but they are not detected by CodeTwo Backup when creating a new backup job or when running an existing backup job.
To create backups of mailboxes from a subdomain, you have to modify the configuration of CodeTwo Backup in the following way:
- If the program is running, stop all jobs, close the Administration Panel and stop the CodeTwo Backup Service by using the Windows Services Manager (services.msc), as described in this article.
- Go to the folder where CodeTwo Backup is installed. The default location is:
C:\Program Files\CodeTwo\CodeTwo Backup
- Find the CodeTwoBackup.ExchangeClient.dll.config file and, as a precaution, create a copy of this file in another location before you start editing it.
- Open the original file with Notepad or a similar text editor.
- Find the following parameter:
<setting name="GetMailboxIgnoreDefaultScope" serializeAs="String"> <value>False</value> </setting>
- Change the value from False to True.
- Save changes and close the text editor.
- Restart the CodeTwo Backup Service.